Ch.12

(Cat above is Petalpaw)

Stormspot paced anxiously outside the warriors' den. Today was the day ThunderClan would attack ShadowClan. He stopped pacing and gazed around the camp. Every cats was preparing for the battle: some were stretching, some eating to get their strength. Poppypaw and his siblings were practically their battle moves.

Fallowstar emerged from his den, his eyes burning with hatred and determination. He made his way across the clearing to the medicine den where Whitepool and Pinestripe were preparing herb bundles.

"Is everything ready?" He asked.

"Yes." Pinestripe answered.

"We'll be ready for your return." Whitepool added. "We have plenty for every cat going."

"Good." Fallowstar mewed as he turned away.

Oakflame slipped through the warriors' den and padded across the clearing to meet Fallowstar. "Who's all going?"

"All the warriors and apprentices." Fallowstar replied. "The elders of course are staying and I'm not risking any of the queens' lives."

Oakflame nodded and followed Fallowstar to the Highledge. The two leapt to the top and without a word the clan began to gather.

"Cat of ThunderClan!" Fallowstar called. "It's time that we show ShadowClan that we are not as weak as they think they've made us." He leapt down followed by Oakflame. "We go now."

Fallowstar and Oakflame lead the way to the thorn tunnel. The warriors and apprentices gather behind them. Stormspot's pelt prickled with uneasiness. He looked back at the nursery. Fernshade was lying outside with her kits tucked close to her belly. She flashed him a reassuring smile as if to tell him he would be okay.

Stormspot returned the smile then slipped through the thorn tunnel. As they trekked through the forest, Stormspot noticed Fallowstar's eyes darting back and forth as he were expecting to be ambushed. As they neared the ShadowClan border, Fallowstar
boldy stepped over, followed closely by Oakflame. When it became Stormspot's turn, he hesitated for a moment before placing his paws over the border.

"How are we doing this?" Larkwatcher whispered, not wanting his voice to carry through the forest.

"We're attacking their camp." Fallowstar replied.

When a bramble wall came into view, everything was silent. A breeze was blowing toward them, drawing in the scents of their unsuspecting targets. All of ThunderClan was crouched low to the ground, ready to charge at their leader's command.

Fallowstar's eyes narrowed and his voice was quiet but loud enough for his warriors to hear. "Attack."

The group of ThunderClan cats sprang forward, tearing through and destroying the bramble wall that surround the ShadowClan camp.

Stormspot leapt at the nearest warrior, hitting him in the flank and knocking him off his paws. The warrior sprang to his paws, letting out fierce snarl as he leapt at Stormspot, ranking his claws across the spotted tom's muzzle.  Stormspot thrashed his head around and managed to throw the warrior off, who leapt away to help his clanmates.

Stormspot looked around and spotted Cloudwing battling bravely with a dark cream tom, and Poppypaw rolling on the ground battling with a black and white patched ShadowClan warrior. Fallowstar was locked in battle Wolfstar, while Oakflame fought Neetlesplash. The ShadowClan leaded was already heavily injured. Nasty scars had formed across his muzzle and flank and one of his hindlegs had a huge gash with a large trickle of blood flowing from it.