Chapter 46 - They Are Fighting

Lord Enrique POV

Mike turns the key and the engine dies down. Everything goes silent. 

In the distance I can hear dogs snarling around as they play. I can hear the cracks in the ground widening beneath the tire of vehicles. I can hear voices that getting in my senses. 

But that's all in a distance, miles away. There are no creatures nearby, not a living soul. There are no trees either. It's the middle of nowhere, a wide, open space that get seared by the sun's unforgiving rays during the days. It's probably the last place you want put up a building, yet there's one right ahead.

A two storey building with no sign.

I have a bad feeling about this. 

"Ito na ba?" 

Mike turns to me.

"Oo, base sa nakuha kong impormasyon ito ang dating facility na inabanduna ng Government matagal ng panahon na nasa pangalan pa rin ng Mistress bilang owner and there seems to be more floors. Underground. I didn't know how far down it goes but we need to be extra careful."

"If this building is abandoned. Why have security systems? Thanks Mike." I jump out of the vehicle, taking a deep breath. "Who could have thought na ilalabas niya ng District 666 ang alaga niya."

"Shall we go in?"

"Let's go."

Mike is right. Aside from the two floors above the ground, there are two more a hundred feet below. Walking around, my gaze falls down on empty boxes, toppled chairs and shattered glasses. I go down a corridor. The corridor is line with doors, ones with bars and slots for trays. Prison cells.

Sumilip ako sa loob. I see bed and blanket and what it looks like a small, plastic, portable toilet. 

They kept humans here?

This is definitely where the deal happens, where I'll need to found out what I need to know. 

I keep going, finding most cells are the same, but one of them is different with dried blood spattered on the floor.

I step back. I can smell Constantine's scent somehow, somewhere it's almost fading but still I can sense it. 

Now I am getting curious.

"Lord Enrique." Mike calls me. "There's something you should see." 

I run to him. 

"What did you find."

"Files." Mike answers, handing me the folder. "Most of them has been taken but these were in a secret compartment in the wall." 

I open the folder. The first few sheets are scientific gibberish like those you can find in the Lab, chemical formulas and mathematical questions. But under those are patient files from age 3-10. The first of which has a picture of me. 

My scalp prickles and all the hair on my body stands to attention as adrenaline floods through my system and my worlds stop spinning.

No.

It wasn't me. 

It's The Vampire King when he was 3 year old kid.

What did they do here? But I'm guessing whoever was here wasn't treating for something, and that whatever responsible for this blood bath isn't human.

"This may look hospital ward, but humans lives were not being saved." I says.

"Constantine." Mike tells me, his entire face mirroring his distaste. "This whole place stinks with Constantine's blood."