Dec 20, 1 Peter 5

1 So I exhort the elders among you, as a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, as well as a partaker in the glory that is going to be revealed:

2 shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain, but eagerly;
Serve God willingly, not out of fear of eternal damnation, but of thankfulness for eternal life.

3 not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock.
You are not any better than any other Christian, so you have no right to dominate over them, this goes for everyone, not just elders. Elders must be an example to the flock, but the flock must be an example to the world. I might have said this before, but someone once said, 'be careful how you live, you might be the only Bible someone reads.

4 And when the chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.

5 Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."
Sure those older than us can sometimes be annoying and overbearing, but they do have a lot more experience in life and in living as a Christian. They might not always be right, but we are commanded to be subject to them.

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,

7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
That is so amazing, He cares so much for us. Throw all your cares and anxieties on Him and He will care for you. It might not always be easy, and He might not care for you the way you might want Him to, but He cares for you, His adopted child.

8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

9 Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.
Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

11 To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

12 By Silvanus, a faithful brother as I regard him, I have written briefly to you, exhorting and declaring that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it.

13 She who is at Babylon, who is likewise chosen, sends you greetings, and so does Mark, my son.

14 Greet one another with the kiss of love. Peace to all of you who are in Christ.  - 1 Peter 5
Amen

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for all You do for us, thank you that we can cast our cares on You and You will care for us like no other. Thank you for our elders, please help us submit to them. Please help them be good examples to us that we may be examples to the world. Let us not forget though, that Jesus is the only perfect example to follow. Father please be near everyone in my prayer journal, You know each one of them better than I do. You know who all I am thinking especially of, in Jesus's name, Amen