Feb 16, Rev 10

Please pray for my family. We're going through a hard time right now, my youngest brother is following the examples of my older brothers. He argues with my parents about everything, verbally abuses them, and is so disrespectful it's disgusting. His behaviour hurts us. The home is supposed to be a place where you can rest and relax, your family is supposed to be your best friends. I can't rest, I'm always scared that there's going to be another argument, scared it's going to be worse than the last. I always have my guard up. It hurts my parents even worse, last night and this morning mom was crying. It hurts so bad to your parents cry. In some ways my younger brother is worse than my older ones, during all the arguments and fights of my older brothers, my parents were a team, they helped each other and dad would comfort mom when she cried. But last night they had an argument too, for whatever reason, they don't agree on how to raise my brother. Dad wants to punish him for everything, and mom wants to let him get away with everything. Last night dad didn't comfort mom when she cried, instead he went for a walk. I can't wait to go to college so I can move out. I need a break, but I don't have anywhere to go. In the past I would go to my aunt's house when I needed a break, but her son has the same mental disability that my older brothers have, and now that he's reached puberty, he showing the same symptoms, arguing and verbally abusing authority. I'd consider going to another aunt and uncle that I sometimes visit, but one of my older brothers lives with them now. I'm crying as I type this. I try my best to be optimistic, but it's so hard sometimes.

Let's talk about something happier to get my mind off all this. My youth group is planning a conference. They're calling it The Masquerade. I don't know all the details yet, but basically everyone who comes will wear a costume, we will have dinner, either soup or pizza, we haven't decided yet, and then we've rented a rink that we will go skating on. Do you go ice skating often with friends, or is that a Canadian thing? Most conferences involve skating, and friends often decide to just go for a skate. Not very many people know, and from what I can tell, it's not going to be announced till that last minute, but we're going to have couples skates! That means you are not allowed on the ice unless your a couple. You don't have to be a dating couple, there are going to be three rounds, and you have to be with a different person each time so it's not awkward. It's a great idea, the only rule is that you can't be with a relative. You can take it as seriously or not serious as you want. One guy is planning on asking his cousin's girlfriend just for the fun of it one round, and he's going to get some of his other cousins or friends to ask her the other two rounds just to have fun with her boyfriend 😂😂😂. I wonder who will ask me. We are expecting between 40 and 100 people to come. I already have my costume, I bought it some time ago cause I thought it was cool.

How do you like it?!!

Well that is enough talking, I've been typing for about 40 minutes! And I'm done crying, I feel a bit better now.

1 Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, wrapped in a cloud, with a rainbow over his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs like pillars of fire.

2 He had a little scroll open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea, and his left foot on the land,

3 and called out with a loud voice, like a lion roaring. When he called out, the seven thunders sounded.

4 And when the seven thunders had sounded, I was about to write, but I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Seal up what the seven thunders have said, and do not write it down."

5 And the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised his right hand to heaven

6 and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there would be no more delay,

7 but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God would be fulfilled, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.

8 Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, "Go, take the scroll that is open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land."

9 So I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll. And he said to me, "Take and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey."

10 And I took the little scroll from the hand of the angel and ate it. It was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it my stomach was made bitter.

11 And I was told, "You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and languages and kings." - Revelation 10

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for everything You do for us. I and my family are going a hard time right now, but I trust You, and though it is difficult at times, I still believe that You are putting me through what You are putting me through a reason, and I will still praise You. Father please be near everyone in my prayer journal, I know I am not the only one with family problems, there are some with much worse problems. Please comfort and strengthen them in their time of need, please show them that You are here for them, and please use them mightily. In Jesus's name, Amen