Dec 30, 1 John 1

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life-

2 the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us-

3 that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.

4 And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete.
We have nearly complete joy in Christ, I don't think we will have complete joy till we are in heaven.

5 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
God is the Light of the world.

6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins.

10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. - 1 John 1

A few things I want to say quickly; One, I'm throwing a pizza party for the fun of it, but also to witness to my coworkers. I invited all my coworkers(well, all that are under like 25 or so) and everyone from my church's youth group and our sister church's youth group, and I hope this will be a great witnessing opportunity, by mixing Christians and non-Christians of the same age group, in a casual environment. So please pray that God uses this party to hopefully bring some people to Him. It will be on Jan 2.

The second thing, I do talk about my life here sometimes because I don't have time to write in my diary. Do you mind that, or should I not mix my devotions with my personal life? What are your thoughts?

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for everything You have done for us, thank you especially for being the Light of the world. Father please shine though us as we seek to witness for You. I think especially of the party I am planning, please bless it, please let us make meaningful connections and relationships that can open the door to further witnessing and conversations about You. Father please be near everyone in my prayer journal, in Jesus's name, Amen