April 17 Ps 119:105-120

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
It truly is. And when we try to do anything without it, it's like walking a dark path with no lamp, it's just stupid.

106 I have sworn an oath and confirmed it, to keep your righteous rules.

107 I am severely afflicted; give me life, O LORD, according to your word!

108 Accept my freewill offerings of praise, O LORD, and teach me your rules.

109 I hold my life in my hand continually, but I do not forget your law.

110 The wicked have laid a snare for me, but I do not stray from your precepts.

111 Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart.

112 I incline my heart to perform your statutes forever, to the end.

113 I hate the double-minded, but I love your law.

114 You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word.
This verse makes me think of the song that goes like this: 'You are my hiding place, You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance. Whenever I am afraid I will trust in You. I will trust in You. I will trust in You. Whenever I am afraid I will trust in You.'
I think I might be missing part of this song. Do you know which psalm it is based on?

115 Depart from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commandments of my God.

116 Uphold me according to your promise, that I may live, and let me not be put to shame in my hope!

117 Hold me up, that I may be safe and have regard for your statutes continually!

118 You spurn all who go astray from your statutes, for their cunning is in vain.

119 All the wicked of the earth you discard like dross, therefore I love your testimonies.
Interesting. I've never thought about it that way, but one of the reasons we love God is because He brings justice and He will bring justice. That's probably partly why the testimony of the Old Testament is so important, it shows God bringing justice to the wicked who hurt His people. We are His people, and anyone who is not His will be discarded like dross and thrown into the fire. 

120 My flesh trembles for fear of you, and I am afraid of your judgments.  - Psalm 119:105-120

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for everything You have done for us, thank you especially for the light You gave us. Sometimes we don't use it like we should, sometimes we are stupid and walk the path of life with no lamp, or don't use the lamp You have given us.  Your light is so much better than darkness, please help us not hide it under a bushel. Father You shine through us! Please draw people to the light of Your word like moths to a flame. Father please be near everyone in my prayer journal, some of them are in a dark place, and even though they have the light of Your word, it doesn't seem to pierce the darkness around them. Father please be near them, please shine brightly that there may be no darkness around us. Please set us on fire with love for You that we may chase away the darkness in this world. In Jesus's name, Amen