April 7, 1 Peter 3:13-17

Hey guys! I was so tired last night I fell asleep in minutes and it usually take me at least half an hour to fall asleep! I had a really good sleep, you sleep a lot better when you are thoroughly exhausted.

So the theme of the conference yesterday and Friday was Faith in the Future. The speaker basically talked about how the world is changing, we have different problems than our parents generations, so we need different solutions. He talked about how Canada used to be a Christian country, and because everyone was Christian, no one witnessed to anyone. Now it is not as much a Christian country as it used to be, so there is a much greater need for witnessing.
We must be in the world but not of it. Our parents generation thought that that meant we should our whole lives in Christian schools, Christian Churches and Christian jobs. Canadian Dutch Reformed Christians especially built themselves a bubble that they never leave. This generation goes to secular colleges, high schools, universities, sports groups and jobs. There is nothing wrong with that as long as you stay a faithful Christian. In fact, we have so many more opportunities to witness! Something that is super important to remember when witnessing is that we must speak the truth in love. We must show others God's love through us. That is a much more effective way to witness than to preach about hellfire. I'm not saying you should never talk about hellfire, hell is a real place, and people who don't believe will spend eternity there! But so many people, in this day and age especially, need love. They long for love, and if you show them God's love, they will be much more receptive to the gospel. Our parents generation was also taught to argue to win, but that to is not the best approach. There are definitely people who enjoy a good debate, but if you get argumentative, they will get defensive, and they will not be open to the gospel.
These verses explain it well, especially verse 15:

13 Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good?

14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,

15 but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

16 having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

17 For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil. - 1 Peter 3:13-17

Well, I have to get to bed, I'll tell you more later if I remember.

One more thing, God has already chosen which souls He will save, so don't worry that you might accidentally say something wrong when talking to someone and that they will never become a Christian because of what you said. On the other hand, don't not witness to anyone cause they will definitely be saved if God chooses, it might be God's will that you will help lead that person to Him.

Btw, I probably wouldn't do this tomorrow as I am throwing another party. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Goodnight❤️❤️❤️

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for everything You have done for us. Father, Satan is always finding new ways to attack us, I would say we need new ways to defend against those attacks, but we don't. Everything we need to defend against any of his attacks is in Your Word. Father please help us use Your Word to be a salt and a light to those around us. Please bless and keep everyone in my prayer journal, in Jesus's name, Amen