12

"Bro, listen to me." I replied. "I've had suspicions of you ever since you joined me with the mission."

"Why?" Eagleator was still confused.

I sighed as I started to explain.

"You are the one who suggested me to follow the address, you asked me to confront Lil' Joy's parents by myself, you have questionable expressions, and you even suggested us to venture this haunting place- no offence, Joy- and you know what will happen here. That gibberish, I knew it meant something. You told me to forget about it-"

"Okay then, Hawkodile..." Eagleator sighed. "I've been hiding something from you..."

"Tell me about it." I said.

Eagleator sighed once more and gave me the most unbelievable answer.

"I am the Lil' Joy we're looking for."

Joy and I went silent. Eagleator, afraid to look at me in the eye, stared at the ground as I started scolding him.

"Why do you want to hide this from me? I was so desperate to look for the kiddo, and the answer was right next to me all along?!? Why did you do this, Eagleator? Why didn't you reveal the truth from the very beginning?"

"BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS, HAWKODILE!!!" Eagleator thundered as Joy and I went silent. " I WANT TO ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF THIS INVESTIGATION WITH YOU!!! YOU WERE HAVING SO MUCH FUN, AND AS YOUR BRO, I THOUGHT I'D WANNA JOIN IN, AND NOT LET THIS END EARLY- EVEN IF IT INVOLVES FINDING OUT MY BAD PAST MEMORIES! TRUE FRIENDS NEVER SUSPECT EACH OTHER, AND YOU ARE NOT MY TRUE FRIEND, HAWKODILE! YOU WERE NEVER MY TRUE FRIEND!!! I HATE YOU, HAWKODILE! I SHOULD'VE JUST TOOK THOSE SWEET SHADES OFF YOU AND NEVER RETURN THEM BACK!!!"

Eagleator, with tears welling in his eyes, stormed off, leaving Joy and I behind, speechless.

"Eagleator, bro, wait!" I called for my bro as I went after him, with Joy following me from behind.