Chapter 1

(Y/N) POV

     No... Not again. I looked down at the box that had just arrived. It seems like yesterday that I had opened the last box that my parents sent me. The clock had me stuck in the same hour for 2 weeks. These boxes are always a reason to be alarmed. There's no knowing what's inside them. Nonetheless, I had to open it. A bit scared of what the box might be withholding, I cautiously lifted the lid. I was ready to fight whatever evil creature was about to attack me but I never had to. 

     Inside the box was a small blue wolf-like creature. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I stared at the wolf but it then magically disappeared. I looked up and then it abruptly appeared on my shoulder. 

     "So you teleport, huh? Is there any other power that I should be aware of?" The pup stared out ahead and puffed out a small amount of blue fire. 

     "Is that as big as they can get or------ you know what, I don't want to find out. I should probably name you now. I mean I can't turn you away and you're the first non-dangerous thing my parents have sent me." The wolf tilted his head in confusion while I thought about what I should name him.

     "How about Cosmo, since you can teleport and all that?" Cosmo apparently liked his name because he jumped off of my shoulder and started jumping all over the place. I looked back inside the box to see if there was a care manual or something but instead, I found a piece of paper. It read:

     Dear (Y/N)

We found this little guy in a pyramid while we were adventuring with a friend. We thought you might like to take care of him and he also reminded us of you. Unfortunately, we have yet to come across information on him. Good Luck!

Love, 

Mom and Dad

     "Well that didn't help," I said. Cosmo was chasing his tail while I was struggling to find out how I was going to keep him alive. Then it hit me.

     I went to the kitchen and magically poured some water into a small bowl and filled another bowl with dog food. I levitated Cosmo onto the counter so he could eat. Cosmo took a sniff of the food and turned his head to the side implying his dislike for the food. Then he turned to the water and happily drank it. 

     "Let me make a note of this." I moved my hand swiftly and a pen and paper fell in front of me. "Dog food no, water yes." 

     For the rest of the day, I tried to find out which food he could eat. In the end, I concluded that this dog was one hell of a picky eater. 

     "So what do you eat?" I asked Cosmo. He yipped and in front of him appeared a platter of some gourmet dish. He then ate it joyously.   

     "You make your own food?!" I felt confounded and stupid. The wolf finished his meal and the plate vanished. I jotted in the journal about my new discovery. 

     "Well, I guess we should go to sleep now. It is getting pretty late." I told Cosmo. I look at him and he was napping on the couch. "You did have a long journey, didn't you?" I whispered. I carried him to my room and set him next to me. With a swift movement of my hand, the light switched off and the room turned dark.