Chapter 8

(Y/N) POV

     I was outside Sora's house to see Tazuki. I guess he just got there because he hadn't entered yet. "Hey Tazuki." I greeted him with a soft smile. "I brought your best friend back," I handed him the small red creature. He took him hesitantly but glad at the same time. "He didn't cause any trouble, did he?" He questioned. "He was a saint." I replied. "Hard to believe." He muttered.

     A while after we entered we let Mii and the oni child meet each other. They just stared at one another. Then that broke out into tag. Eventually, Cosmo and Pochi joined in. "Tazuki, aren't you going to give him a name?" I asked him. "Fine. It should be something and straight to the point. After thinking with Tazuki for a few minutes, the oni child gave a thumbs up to the name "Conny".

     After they were done playing, Sora had us do a get-to-know-each-other activity. "Let's make hand-rolled sushi for lunch. I want to get to know Conny and Cosmo better." He said happily. "Sounds good to me, " I agreed. "But just a heads up, Cosmo only eats the food that he summons, nothing else, so I don't think he'll be eating the sushi." "The food he summons?" Sora and Tazuki looked confused. "You'll see later." I assured them.

     Tazuki POV

     We started making the sushi. Sora went to go help Conny make his and Mii already knew how to roll the sushi. Then I looked over at Cosmo. He was struggling a little. I decided to go help him because (Y/N) was busy making other sushi. "Hey Cosmo. Need help?" I asked him kindly. He nodded his head in response. When I finished helping Cosmo, Conny came up to me to show his sushi. Then he shoved it in my mouth and I began to choke on the sushi. (Y/N) came over to me and patted my back. "You okay?" She asked. "Oh um yeah thanks." I said while turning a light shade of pink. Cosmo ran over to us and made some water appear. "Thanks Cosmo." (Y/N) said softly. She picked it up and handed it to me. After chugging down the water, Cosmo pushed the sushi him and I made over to her. "Wow Cosmo. Who helped you make that?" She asked. Cosmo came over to my hand and put his paw on it. "Tazuki did? That's so sweet of him." She said and smiled. Cosmo nodded his head quickly. "I'd be happy to eat this, especially since two were the ones that made it." She said gently. "Tazuki," She said as she put her hand on my shoulder, "Thank you for helping Cosmo. You're the best." My heart was beating faster than usual for some reason. "Yeah uh no problem." 

     Sora POV

     Looks like Tazuki loves something other than Conny. They're so obvious and yet they don't know they like each other. I won't say anything though. They'll figure out eventually. 

     All of a sudden there was a small light coming from the counter. Tazuki and I then realized that Cosmo had just spawned his food. It looked more fancier than anything I've ever made. "So that's what he eats?" Tazuki asked (Y/N). "Yup." "Have you ever... tried it?" I asked. It seemed like a stupid question but I was actually curious. It looked kind of good for some reason. "Nah. I don't want to risk get my face burned off. Believe it or not, Cosmo is very greedy when it comes to his gourmet food." (Y/N) explained. That was interesting.

     Before Tazuki left, I made sure he had the book on how to care for an oni child. He continued to nag about not wanting it, but he kept it anyway. So then, (Y/N) and Tazuki left.

     Tazuki POV

     I walked (Y/N) home with Conny on my shoulder. Suddenly, Conny jumped onto (Y/N) shoulder. "Conny, don't bother her." I said while trying to take Conny off her shoulder. Finally managing to get Conny off, my hand brushed against (Y/N)'s cheek. "Oh uh s-sorry" I said awkwardly looking to the side. "It's f-fine!" She replied with a nervous laugh. Her face was fairly red while I could feel mine heating up. She was blushing? "That's my house! Thanks Tazuki! Bye!" She smiled before entering her house.