Chapter 22

Tazuki POV

     Wait. Does (Y/N) want to get married? No. It's too early, isn't it? Or is that just what I think? I mean, we're practically soulmates. It wouldn't matter, would it? I'm not ready for marriage. Am I? Is she? I don't even know anymore. I can barely afford a ring from the dollar store. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

     We all gathered in the living room. "So, what are you guys planning for your future occupations?" (Y/N) asked us. "Maybe a teacher." Sora said. "I'm thinking of being a social worker." Motegi answered. "A psychologist." Daichi answered. "What about you two?" Sora asked. "A surgeon." We responded in unison. (Y/N) and I looked at each other. We then laughed. "You guys both want to be surgeons?" Motegi asked. "I guess so." I responded. "We start college in two weeks. We should spend these last free moments together. We'll still be seeing each other but not as often." (Y/N) said. We all agreed with her. 

     We decided to stay at Sora's until we had to leave for college. It turned out that (Y/N) and I are going to the same university. "If you guys are going to the same university then you should just move in together." Motegi said. "I'm okay with it." (Y/N) said and then looked at me. "What do you think?" "Sure but where are we going to find a place in such short notice?" I asked. "I found this nice and affordable apartment that is close to your university. Also, based on your part-time jobs you both should be able to pay the rent." Daichi explained. (Y/N) chuckled. "Are you sure you don't want to be a real estate person?" She joked. He blushed in embarrassment.

     "Sounds good. We should put in a offer." I responded. (Y/N) nodded. We spent the next couple hours figuring out the apartment thing. 

     (Y/N) yawns and stretches. "Thank God we got that figured out." "Hey. Can I see the apartment?" Motegi asked. "Yeah." (Y/N) passed Motegi her phone. "It's a nice apartment. Its pretty big too and it has an awesome view! Wow..."

     "So you guys are going to stay in the same bedroom right?" Sora asked. "Yeah." (Y/N) and I said in unison. Sora looked shocked. "Really?" I sighed. "Why are you surprised? You're the one who asked."

     "I know but you guys always avoid these type of questions. How come you gave a straight answer this time?" I just looked at him and said," Well, we talked about it while we were getting things into order. We decided that we would share a room. I mean after everything that happened....it just seemed right. For both of us." (Y/N) gave me a soft smile and grabbed my hand. Cosmo and Conny jumped on top of our joined hands. "Cosmo and Conny will have a separate room. Since they'll share a room, they won't feel as lonely when Tazuki and I are at school or at work. "

     Sora and (Y/N) went into the kitchen to start making lunch. Motegi and Daichi were playing with Conny and the others. I was going to miss these guys.

     2 weeks later

     We were all outside of Sora's house. (Y/N) and I were leaving first. We planned to meet in front of Sora's house before we all left to our respective colleges. Our taxi was here and they helped us put our suitcases in the back. "I guess this is it guys." (Y/N) said. Conny and Cosmo went to say bye to their friends. We laughed and then we started exchanging goodbyes. After I said goodbye to Motegi and Daichi, I went over to Sora. We hugged. "We'll visit each other right? All of us?" Sora asked. "Yeah. Of course." I responded, trying to sound as emotional as I really was.

     "Hey. Be happy. Don't throw it away. You deserve to be happy." Sora said quietly. We pulled away. 

     "Well its time to get going, We'll miss you guys." (Y/N) said. We then got into the car and we waved until we couldn't see them anymore. This was it. Our lives together start now.