Chapter 9

(Y/N) POV

     I was at Sora's so we could go grocery shopping together. It was the first time he was leaving Mii alone so he was pretty concerned. We set out for the store as quickly as we could so Sora could make it home in time for Mii but we heard a loud yell. We saw Motegi running out of the house and she bumped into Sora. "(Y/N), Sora! Help! A Lizard!" She yelled. After we consoled Motegi and calmed her down, all three of us went into her house so Sora and I could check out this lizard.

     We went into the house to see a huge mess. I looked in a cupboard to see a dragon. I picked it up. "Motegi, is this what you saw? A dragon?" I asked her. "Yes!" She said.

      I took a look at the dragon to see it was making gestures at me. I then found out the dragon was trying to tell me what happened. "I think he was just worried about you." I told her from what the dragon was signing to me. "Really?" She said a bit surprised. "I'm sorry!" Motegi said and hugged the dragon. "Well, that was easy.".

     After that event, we invited Motegi to come along with us back to Sora's house. "Let's let Tazuki know." (Y/N) said. "Good idea!" Sora said cheerfully. "I really hope Mii's okay." Sora said a little jittery. "I completely forgot. You can go on ahead, Sora. I need to make a quick stop at my house. I'll also get Tazuki while I'm at it." I told Sora. "Be safe, (Y/N)." Sora said. 

     I went into my house to get Cosmo. "Come on, Cosmo! Now's not the time to sleep." I told him. He would always sleep when I wasn't home. "You'll see your friends." I said. He then bolted right up. He teleported onto my shoulder. "That always works." I said as I left my house. "We're going to get Tazuki really quickly, okay?" I told him when he looked confused at the different path we were taking. Cosmo nodded in response.

     Once I got to Tazuki's house I knocked on the door. A girl with blue hair answered. "Hi. I was wondering if Tazuki was home." I asked politely. "Are you (Y/N) by any chance?" She asked. "I am," I answered. "Tazuki! You're girlfri- I mean, (Y/N) is here." She yelled out. A few moments later, Tazuki then showed up at the door. "Oh hey (Y/N). What's up?" "I just came to get you. We're going to Sora's house." I explained as he nodded. I quickly dragged him outside so we could finally get going.

     Tazuki POV

     She grabbed my hand and she started running. I started running too as I started feeling flustered. She was grabbing my hand. This wasn't that big of a deal. She was just dragging me to Sora's house. But since it was (Y/N), it felt special, it felt magical. Before I knew it, we were already at Sora's house. That was a moment to remember.

     We entered the house to see Sora holding a blindfold. "What is that for?" I asked him. "It's a surprise!" He said. Then I saw a dragon come into view. It looked like I one I have seen before.

     (Y/N) POV

    I saw Tazuki's mood fell a little. I put a hand on his shoulder. "Is there something wrong?" I asked him. "N-No. I'm okay. " He said.

     A moment later, we went to go have lunch. "You guys have little animals too?" Motegi asked. "Yeah. This is Cosmo." I told her. "Mine's Conny." Tazuki said. For a while we were trying to figure out what the dragon eats. So far, it's only natto and tofu. "Are you going to give him a name?" Sora asked. "I already came up with one. Isao!" Motegi said. 

     It was getting late so Tazuki and I walked home together. "Why did you look so upset when you saw Isao?" I asked him softly. "It was nothing." He told me. "I know it wasn't nothing, Tazuki. What's wrong?" I asked him. "I said it was nothing! It's none of your damn business so leave me the hell alone!" He yelled. I was shocked to say the least. I partially blame myself for not minding my business but maybe he went a little overboard. "I'm- I'm sorry-" He began. "No. That's on me. I didn't mean to pry. I just- I don't know. I guess I was just worried for you. I'm sorry. I'll walk the rest of the way back on my own." I said.

     Tazuki POV

     As (Y/N) started to walk away, I knew I had screwed up. I really shouldn't have blown up on her like that. "(Y/N) wait!" I called after her. She ignored me, I was tempted to run after her but I didn't want to make things worse.

     (Y/N) POV

     I wasn't sure whether to feel guilty or mad at the moment because I was feeling both. Part of me felt like crying my eyes out and the other wanted to start destroying things. All I know for sure is that this situation will definitely make things awkward tomorrow.