Chapter 23: Epilogue

1 year later

     Tazuki POV

     Today's the day. I heard the door to the apartment unlock. (Y/N) walked into the living room. She looked exhausted.

     "Hey beautiful. How was work?" I said after I kissed her. "Exhausting. Jimmy piled all of his undone work on me. I had to do double the amount of work I usually do. Thank God that we have the next week off from school. Where are Cosmo and Conny?"

     "They're in their room. How about we go out to dinner tonight?" She hugged me. "Sounds great. Where?" I kissed her forehead and said, " Its a surprise. Let's start getting ready, okay?" she nodded and headed into our room. "Will you at least tell me how fancy this place is so I know what to wear?" I laughed. "Its moderately fancy. It doesn't matter what you wear, you'll look amazing in anything." She stuck her head out of the doorway. "That's what you think. The rest of the world doesn't think that way, Tazuki." 

     "Well then the rest of the world is stupid." I said. "Aww. You're awfully sweet but we won't go anywhere if you don't start getting ready." 

     I was waiting for (Y/N) in the living room. My hands were sweating. "You ready?" I heard (Y/N) ask. "Yeah." I stood up. (Y/N) came out with a purple dress on. I was breathless. She looked beautiful. 

     She noticed my staring

     She noticed my staring. " Take a picture. It'll last longer." She said jokingly. "You're so mean and cruel." We then left to the restaurant

      In the middle of dinner

     "You said this place was moderately fancy but this is...wow. Can we afford this?"  She whispered jokingly. "Don't worry. Plus this is an important occasion." I mumbled the last part. "What did you say?" She asked. This was it. Its now or never. 

     I stood up from my seat. "(Y/N), I love you. I love you more than I thought was possible. You're everything that I need and more. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me and I don't ever want to be apart from you." I got down on one knee.

     "Oh my God..." She said quietly. There were tears in her eyes. 

     "Now I know this is cheesy but bare with me. (L/N) (Y/N), will you make me the happiest man alive and give me the honor of being my wife? (Y/N), will you marry me?" By this point tears were visibly rolling down her face

     "Yes." She nodded and she gave me her left hand. I put on the diamond ring on her left ring finger.

 I put on the diamond ring on her left ring finger

     She grabbed my face and kissed me. She pulled me into a hug. "I love you." She said. "I love you too." People all around us were clapping.

     "Is that Sora, Motegi, and Daichi?" I laughed. "Yeah. I invited them." They came over and gave us hugs. We were going to get married. Its actually going to happen.

     18 years later

     I was cooking, waiting for (Y/N) to come home. The door was unlocking and in walked (Y/N). She walked over and kissed me. "Hey, how was surgery?" She sat down at the table. "It went okay. At one point there were some complications but nothing we couldn't fix. Where are the kids?" 

     "Ryuu's soccer practice was cancelled because of the rain so he's in his room with Cosmo and Conny doing his homework. Naomi's swim team practices inside so she should come home soon. It stopped raining so she said that she'll walk back."

     We could hear footsteps coming down the stairs of our house. "Hey mom." Ryuu said as he kissed his mother on the forehead before sitting down. "Hey, how was your day?"  He sighed. " I was almost late to class today because people were crowding me ." (Y/N) laughed. "You're popular, aren't you?" He chuckled and ran his hand through his (H/C) hair. His golden eyes glinted in knowingness. The door unlocked again and in walked Naomi. Her blue hair was wet from swimming and her (E/C) eyes looked tired but happy. "Mom, you're back early." Naomi said as she hugged (Y/N). "Surgery was pushed up a little. How was practice?"

     "It was great. I beat my time." She said proudly. "I bet you're still slow." Ryuu teased her. "Oh shut up. Nobody was talking to you. I made it to nationals last year so you can keep your opinions to yourself." She said with a smirk. "Well my team has actually won nationals." Ryuu responded. "Well I don't need a team to win nationals. Old man." Naomi countered. "Old man? I'm only one year older than you. Or can't you do math? Well I'll give you a quick lesson. 16 minus 15 is 1 therefore, you are one year younger, dear sister of mine." This was starting to get annoying. I looked back at them. As soon as they saw me looking, they stopped.

     (Y/N) just laughed. When the food was finally done, we ate. "Dad, when are Uncle Sora and the others coming to visit?" Ryuu asked. "Well, they always come once a week so probably they'll spend the weekend with us. " The kids got excited. 

     For the rest of the night we laughed and talked. I had an amazing wife and amazing kids. I had a great family and the best life. There is nothing else I need besides them. We were happy and that was all that mattered.