Heads Up

Instead of pulling into a calm, peaceful Banapur, I pull into a Banapur in panic. Houses and markets were on fire, people dressed in red and grey uniforms were attacking, and there were people screaming and running around everywhere. I hadn't seen people this afraid in a very long time.

I rush and pull out my gun and begin defending the poor people of Banapur. I could hear people screaming from all around me. For a split second, I was overwhelmed by the magnitude of the situation at hand. But, I quickly regain my focus and composure and asses the situation. I began to shoot at the soldiers dressed in grey and red, whilst they targeted one building in particular. At the time, I had no idea why the focus was so heavy on this one building.

"Delilah!" I hear a familiar voice shout from behind me. I was then tackled to the ground, hitting my head on the pavement very hard. I winced and looked up at the person. It was Ajay.

"Thanks for saving me, for the what? Eighth time?" I say, giggling at the fact. If it weren't for Ajay, I would be dead.

We were soon interrupted by Amita and Sabal who were pointing to the building in which the young girl, Bhadra was in. Ajay and I rush to the building a break the back door down in hopes of rescuing the young girl, trapped in the firey inferno. As soon as we walked ion, we were engulfed by the toxins in the air that were slowly taking over our lungs. Cough after cough, we continue the search for Bhadra. 

"Delilah, she's down here!" I hear Ajay yell up at me from the first floor, he handed me Bhadra's limp body and made my way out of the burning house. Ajay quickly followed suite. I let the first breath of fresh air enter my lungs before my knees gave out. I fell to my side, dropping Bhadra in the process. 

"Bhadra! Thank Kyra you're okay." I hear Amita say faintly, and Sabal had also rushed over to Bhadra. I felt a pair of strong arms lift me from the roughness of the gravel and. carry my bridal style to the safe house just nearby.

"Thank you, again." I laugh, as Ajay grabs some clean towels and some rubbing alcohol, "At this rate, I don't think I'll ever be able to repay you." He laughed at me, and poured the alcohol on the piece of cloth. I gritted my teeth and he patted my knees and arms to get the infection out. Boy did it hurt like a mother fucker.

"Hold still, I don't wanna hurt you..." Ajay tells me, in a calm voice. His chocolate eyes met mine, and I couldn't help but gaze into them. He had this softer side to him, that only I had seen. Amita and Sabal had only seen the warrior side to him, and they saw him as strong and indestructible. Not only had he saved my life countless times, he also saw me the way that nobody else had.

"So, what happened to your mom? Is that why you came all the way to Kyrat?" I asked him, as he continued to tend to my wounds. He stopped for a second and just looked at me. Maybe I shouldn't have brought it up, as he looked hurt and distraught. 

"Yeah, it is. She died of lung cancer, and she wanted me to spread her ashes here, in Lakshmana," He told me, looking like a little lost puppy, "Do you know where that would be?" Lakshmana did sound familiar but I wasn't sure where I had heard it from.

"My father, Gilead, he came here and would send back letters to us about what was going on around Kyrat. I sort of remember something about Lakshmana, but I don't think it's a place. I think it's a person." I said, recalling a letter Gilead had sent back to me years ago.

Dear Delilah,

Things aren't going the way I was expecting. Someone is spying on the King Min, but I'm not sure who. I have a feeling that Mohan Ghale might have something to do with it.

I can sense some disturbance from the Golden Path and the royal army. I think they're hiding something about the Tarun Matara. Take care of your mother for me, D.

Love,

Gilead Carver

"I remember him saying something about a Tarun Matara and your father Mohan. But, I can't remember much else." I say, trying my best to remember what my father had told me. I could see the disappointment in Ajay's face. It was like I had taken something away from him.

"Let me know anything if you remember. Thanks for the intel, your father must be so proud of you, Delilah." He says, bandaging my wounds, and I stand up. 

Maybe coming to Kyrat wasn't a bad idea after all.