Morals

Amita and Sabal were fighting again. This time it was over a plant. Better yet, a field of plants.

Whether it was about something stupid or not, they would fight until the day they died.

"Are you joking? We need to secure that shipment and those fields." Amita argues, and Sabal sighs. Amita always looked stressed out, like her entire life revolves around solving everyone's problems. A part of me felt pity for her.

"Amita, turning Kyrat into a drug state is not the answer." Sabal had a point, but Amita made a good argument too.

"Sabal, we have no natural resources. What happens when we are free from Pagan? The mines have been stripped, the fields have been ruined for years!" Amita retorts back. I could sense that Ajay was feeling tense. They always left Ajay to make the final choices. It must have been super stressful for him, I wish I could help but I wouldn't want to overstep boundaries that should never be breached.

"It's not our way. It never was. If you do this, you're no better than Pagan. It's morally bankrupt." Sabal says, and walks away from the situation. He looks agitated, like it was somehow all Amita's doing.

"Better than being literally bankrupt." Amita states, and walk towards the other side of the room. Ajay and I just look at each other. Kyrat is honestly a mess. It is directly split in two. It's like when siblings fight, but on a much larger scale. It's a whole fucking country at stake.

"What are you going to do?" I turn to Ajay, making him lose his train of thought.

"I'm honestly not sure, I feel like Amita wants me to feel one way politically, but Sabal wants me to feel like I should be like my father. You know, I don't actually want to be like him! He's dead for gods sake." Ajay looks down at his hands, wrapped in the same tan gloves he wears daily. They had some scattered scratches and nicks from trees and wild animals in southern Kyrati.

"Listen, you need to do what you want to do because you think it's right, not because someone wants to do it, you shouldn't have to feel guilty for doing what's right in your heart." I advise him, not being bias at all. He should be doing what he sees is right.

After a couple of moments of silence and long-thinking, I watch as Ajay makes his way to Amita. He was going to save the fields for medicinal use. Little did Ajay know, I had been to medical school and I knew about the chemical properties in every plant based in the West. Those fields contain a very useful treatment for infections and other contagious diseases.

"You ready? Let's go kick some royal army ass."  Ajay says, as he reloads his assault rifle. He grabs some grenades and some more ammo for the mission.

"That's what I like to hear!" I smile, and we walk out to the truck waiting for us just outside the monastery. This was our time to shine.