Deal or No Deal?

It had only been ten minutes since Ajay had left me with Hurk. Yes, I actually decided to stay with him. That is, until Ajay returns. 

"You don't talk much, huh?" He says, taking a swig of some Shangri-lager. He was wearing a torn up blue flannel with equally unclean jeans that have several rips and tears throughout. He looked as if he had been dragged through a sewer and maybe even through some other deep, dark unseen places. 

"Listen, you'd rather be outside killing shit anyway. I'd rather be outside sightseeing. So, let's make a deal." I stand up on my feet, crossing my arms in front of my chest. I wanted to be out of the room I was in. 

"Fine, but don't you be out there gettin' hurt. You're boy started theatenin' my life." I was shocked at what the strange man had said. Ajay threatened him?  I was dumbfounded and flattered and offended all at the very same time.

"Huh..." I spoke softly to myself, "Perhaps Ajay shouldn't find out." I suggest, beginning to gather my stuff and toss it into a bag. I was just going to get a good look at Kyrat. I really didn't want to do any fighting or killing. 

"Fine. I do be havin' some shit to tear up myself. Don't get yourself hurt, cause I sure as hell won't be takin' the fall for ya." I laugh, and he takes one last chug of his Shangri-Lager before getting up and heading out the door. Finally.

"You've got yourself a deal." I smile, and begin to gather my bag and head to the east side of Kyrat. Truth is, my father had mentioned a place in the area which was known as the Chal Jama Monastary. He had been visiting briefly to observe the religious patterns and origins of Kyrati people. I still am unsure of why my father was sent here, but I intend to find out.

Dear Delilah,

I have learned the motives behind the Golden Path, and it truly is heartbreaking. Not only have they lost their rightful leader of their country, but they are being brutally attacked and murdered for being upset about it.

I have been grazing through the rolling hills and flourishing greenery of Kyrat, but nothing is as mesmerizing as the Chal Jama Monastary. The true blood being bled into the place and the commitment is the only thing holding Pagan Min back from taking the whole place over. Maybe, someday you'll see it for yourself.

I wish for the day of peace and prosperity in the country, but unfortunately that day has been delayed. I'm sorry, I know I promised that I'd be home for Christmas, but I don't think I can make it. I'll make it up to you, I promise you that.

Love, 

Gilead Carver

I got back into my truck, and set out for the monastery. I wanted to check everything out, not like before. I only got a chance to see the place through the barrel of my shotgun. But this time, I'm all eyes and ears for the place. What I'll find out...I'm not so sure of.