Healing Wounds

My head felt as if a cement block was dropped from a ten-story building. It was a pain I hadn't felt for a long time, if ever. My vision was going blurry, and I felt a very heavy weight on my chest, making it very difficult for me to breathe.  My hands were trembling uncontrollably.

"Just hold on, you'll be fine..." I hear a faint voice say from across the room. It was probably Ajay, I wish he would focus on helping the Golden Path instead of worrying about my sorry ass. I shouldn't be his priority so why was I?

"Hey, you're up!" Sabal says, from the right side of my bed. At first, I was a little startled at the sudden burst of sound that rang in my ears, but my eyes and ears adjusted to the room and noises that came along with it.

"W-what the fuck happened?" I whisper, regaining my composure before attempting to sit myself back up. I sigh and rub the not in my neck out.

"You got mauled by this crazy big dude, he had this huge ass machine gun! He was the absolute fucking mad lad! You should have seen it! It-" An unfamiliar voice approaches from the opposing side of the room. It sounded mature, and it most certainly wasn't Ajay.

"Uh, who the hell are you?" I look up and spot Ajay standing beside another man, looking a little scruffy, like he hadn't properly taken care of himself for a while.

"So, this is Hurk. He's going to watch over you until I get back. It won't take but a couple of hours." I gave Ajay a glare. I was a little upset, to say the very least.

"What? You're leaving me with this guy that I don't even know? Ajay , you can't be serious." I slightly raise my voice and express my concern for the situation at hand. What was he thinking?

"Deadly. I promise you I'll be back." I roll my eyes and cross my arms in front of my chest.

"Hurk, do you mind?" I ask, as he begins walking out the door. It was like he had been raised in a barn. Where were his manners? 

"No prob, sis." He nods, and continues out the door. Thank God...

"Are you going mad?" I stare at Ajay for a second, and then I stare down at the floor. I was just shocked that he'd save me and then turn around and leave.

"Listen, I'm really leaving to check out my parents' house. It's just around the outer South of Kyrat. You know how important this is for me. I know practically nothing." He had a good reason for leaving. Maybe I was just being selfish or maybe I was being too clingy.

"I know, just please be careful. Don't be saving too many lives, huh?" He laughs at my statement and grabs his coat and reties his shoes.

"I will." Ajay gets ready to walk out the door, but instead. turns back towards me and leaves a kiss on my forehead. He stops for a second and looks me directly in the eyes and smirks. I cant help but blush as he walks out the door. Woah...

Holy shit.