Trust Is Key

I was sweating, holding the knife tightly in my hands. I was in the arena, but I was alone. I searched the audience for a familiar face, but couldn't seem to find anyone in knew. Not even Ajay.

"Let round one begin!" I hear Noore yell, and it sent shivers down my spine. I had watched the blood drain from her body and the color from her face as she was brutally torn to pieces. It had been something out of a nightmare. I nightmare that was reality; there was no waking up from it. Not ever.

I spot several guards running into the arena. I breathe in deeply, and prepare for the. incoming attack. I was shaking, but felt steady.  I kept my stern grip on the knife like my life literally depended on it, and it really did.

I was able to takedown one of the soldiers with a slick hit, and got his gun. Now, I truly had the upper hand. I was confident, and felt virtually unstoppable. This feeling had vanished just as quickly as it had surfaced, sadly.

The white tiger was walking towards me with passion, licking its lips in utter hunger and lust for the flesh on my body. My heart felty like it was beating out of my chest, and time stood still for moment.

"NO!" I scream, and find myself in bed beside Ajay, just as I had been for the night. I was drenched in a thin layer of sweat from head to toe. I was hyperventilating and scared. I hadn't wanted to get a breath of fresh air for a while, this time I needed it.

"D, you're okay. Hey, listen to me, I've got you. It's okay now, it's just a nightmare." Ajay tells me, pulling meant a hug as he sits up with me in the bed. I started to cry, remembering every gory detail of what happened to Noore, I couldn't get it out of my head. It was like a record that wouldn't stop skipping.

I got lost inside of my head while Ajay was talking, all I knew was that he was speaking about a man who knew things about his father and he wanted to learn more about his mother. He just wanted ti know what she wouldn't tell him. But, the guy who somehow knew everything about him was very suspicious.

"I don't trust this guy, Ajay. I don't think he is being honest with you." I express my concern to Ajay, as he gets out of bed and begins to get dressed. I really was worried about this guy, Willis. I didn't know him, and he somehow knew exactly who Ajay was. What I didn't understand was how Ajay was 100% calm about that.

"Delilah, you're overreacting. He just wants me to clear out the airport, it'll help the Golden Path too. It's killing two birds with one stone." Ajay tries to calm me down, and soothe my anxiety but it doesn't work.

"I know, just be careful. This guy couldn't be what he says he is." I tell him, but he just blows it off. He was one stubborn little fucker.

"I love you, D. I'll see you later. Don't get into too much trouble." I laugh at him as he leaves, I'm just scared for him. He has to be a little worried, right?

A few hours went by, and I hadn't heard from Ajay. I had been cleaning up the homestead, getting everything clean and in order. The outside needed some work, but I was up for the task. I sprayed it down and got all the green vines off, and was working on a second coat of paint. By the time I did hear from Ajay, the house was drying. It looked like a totally new house.

"Hey, D-WOAH! The homestead looks great! D-did you do all of this by yourself?" Ajay asks, setting his rocket launcher to the side and taking his big jacket off.

"Yeah..." I say, picking up some of the empty paint cans and brushes from the ground. I was covered in blue and green paint, I didn't mind it though. I had grown up coloring everything; walls and paintings and even sidewalks.

"Delilah, it's amazing!" Ajay says, picking me up and spinning me around. Leaving a kiss just as he sat me back on the ground. He always had a new way to make my heart flutter...

"How'd it go?" I ask, and touch his face lightly. He had some dust on his cheek, clearly from some explosions which I knew he had been in contact with.

"Good, actually. I learned about my father more, but nothing you hadn't already told me." Ajay was looking down, he got serious when he looked at the floor. As if there was something important down there. Spoiler, there wasn't.

"So, this Willis guy, do you trust him?" I ask him, laying down and getting ready for bed. Ajay was still putting his stuff away and putting his guns away.

"I mean, he seems like he's a good guy. So, yeah. I guess so." Ajay tells me, and explains the mission Willis had him do. It sounded rough, and not easy whatsoever.

"That's good, but you can never be too careful. Just look at Yogi and Reggi, they seemed nice nut then they threw you in a fucking arena." I explain why I have been so concerned about this guy.

"D, I know. I really don't think he's that bad. Besides, I'm going to help him out again tomorrow. I'm going to the Himalayas." What? Since when was he going to the Himalayas?

"The Himalayas? Ajay, what the hell?" I slightly raise my voice, if his ,other wasn't here, I'd be the one to tell him that it was crazy. He just gives me a look and smiles.

"I know, but I'll be back before dark. I promise." He says, sliding into bed with me. I slide over away from his cause I was mad at him for calling me dramatic.

"If you aren't back, I'll be pissed." I tell him, facing the wall instead of him. He caught on to my moodiness and turned me around to face him.

"Oh yeah? What if I'm not back, huh?" Ajay says, directly into my ear. He brushes the messy strands of my blonde hair behind my ear and smirks at me. I cant help but grin back. No way was he getting the upper hand.

"I'll...kill you." I tell him, getting on top and asserting my dominance. I smile, but he catches on and stops me.

"I have other ideas..." Ajay says, and he takes over. We drift off into a night of eternal bliss.