Tango

"Delilah, are you sure you're okay?" Ajay asks, rubbing my back as I throw up my dinner from the night before. I didn't have a fever, but I was continuing to get sick. It didn't feel good.

"Yeah, I might have some stomach bug or something. Probably nothing serious." I tell him, catching my breath, and I get some water and get the sour taste out of my mouth.

"I really think you should see the doctor at the Rakshasa hospital. Just to make sure everything is alright." Ajay insists, trying his best to convince me to go. I was honestly just being a bit lazy, but mostly I wanted to spend time with Ajay and not somewhere else.

"Ajay, I'm fine." I try to reason with him, but he wasn't taking that for an answer. It bugged me, but I also like the protection Ajay provided when I needed it. He was always there for me, no matter what. I don't know what I would do without him. I have no idea how he has time for everything; the Golden Path, me, Sabal's problems, Amita's womanhood self-esteem issues.

"I just want to be sure. You can never be too careful." Ajay says, furrowing his brows and being genuinely concerned about my health. I knew it was nothing serious as I hadn't really had a fever. I honestly didn't think it was anything serious beyond a simple cold.

"I know." I sigh, crossing my arms in front of my chest. He was right, but was I going to give him the satisfaction of knowing that? Hell no.

"So let me take you." I just give him a look. If looks could kill, I probably would be sent to Durgesh Prison for killing the legends son in pure manslaughter.

"Ajay, I'm not incapable of doing things on my own." I tell him, gathering my stuff and getting dressed for the day. It was early in the morning, maybe seven or eight o'clock in the morning. It wasn't too early, but early enough to still be tired.

"I know that, but you're also very stubborn." Again, he wasn't wrong about that. But, nevertheless, I wouldn't let him know that. He knew all, or so it might seem.

"Fine. But let's hurry. I don't want to be up there all day." I tell him, agreeing to go. I really just wanted to take a long drive. But, I wouldn't tell him that. He doesn't need to know things like that anyway.

It was a long drive, from the homestead to the little makeshift hospital. The main topics of conversation were the next steps for the Golden Path in the north. Amita and Sabal has gotten a few more outposts since we had united the north and south together.

"What seems to be the problem?" The man asks us, he had a very strong Kyrati accent and was very dressed for the role of the head doctor. The hospital was about the size of the homestead, if that big. It wasn't the cleanest of places, but it was significantly more put together than other shacks I had seen driving through Kyrat.

"Just a stomach-" I tell the man, but was interrupted by the Ghale son.

"Something is wrong, and I think it's serious." Ajay tells the doctor, and seems to be thoroughly investigation my medical issues.

"Ajay-" I try to stop him, and he doesn't listen. Instead, he just keeps laughing.

"Can you help her?"Ajay asks the doctor. I just look at the ground. I was listening to the two discuss my medical history despite me being right in front of their noses.

"Of course. Symptoms?" It was like being interrogated but in a hospital. I felt like a juvenile delinquent being in this awkward situation.

"Nausea, vomiting and dizziness." I tell the man, who had a slightly dirty white coat on. He was trying his best to look the part. I was just eerily worried and quiet as he did his job.

"I can run a few tests here, but it may take a while. We don't have the fancy equipment the states has." It was clear that statement was true, seeing the state the hospital was in. It needed some...repairs.

"That's okay. Can you just radio me and let me know what you find out?" I ask him, trying to make Ajay happy. It seemed to work. I knew nothing was wrong, but he seemed to think otherwise.

"Yes, though it could be hours or days." The doctor tells us, and we began to pack our stuff and leave. Ajay says something before we leave.

"Well, thank you for the help. We appreciate it." Ajay tells the man and I agreed and nodded my head.

Ajay's phone rings, and he immediately picks up. I look over at him and he mouths to me 'it's Amita' and I stay quiet. It's Amita needing him for some Golden Path supplies for the north. I knew he was going to take it.

"You can just drop me off at the homestead on your way to the north." I tell him, as he hangs up the phone and comes back to me near the truck.

"You sure you'll be okay?" Ajay asks, putting his hands back in his pockets of his jacket. It wasn't even cold in the slightest. He somehow always needed to be bundled in a million layers of clothes. I knew he looked better without them.

"Yes, Ajay. I'll be just fine." I remind him, as we head back to the homestead. It made me sad that every spare moment that Ajay had, either Amita and Sabal needed Ajay 'urgently' as if he was a robot with no sleep needed. Didn't they know he is just a human?

"Listen, I'll be back in no time. Don't be too crazy, okay?" Ajay says, walking me up to homestead. It had been recently raining, not very much, but enough to still smell the scent it had left before.

"Very funny." I laugh at him, and he only smirks back at me. He must have thought he was so smart.

"I thought it was pretty clever." He was such a smart ass. But I loved every second of it. I continued inside the homestead and was going to lie down for a nap before I hear my radio buzz in.

"What now?" I moan in pure aggravation. I just wanted people to leave me alone. Was that too much to ask for?

"This is Doctor Reiko from Rakshasa Hospital, and I have something you might want to know. You might want to sit down." The doctor tells me, calming speaking through the phone. I was expecting a negative for pretty much anything.

"Okay, spit it out." I say, sighing as I do so. I was actually getting nervous. I knew deep down I'd be fine, but something in the pit of my stomach made me feel otherwise.

"You're not suffering from any stomach bugs or flu-like illnesses, but you are indeed pregnant."