Keys of Kyrat

"I can't believe we made it, to the north." I say, feeling the breeze flow through my hair, as I roll down the truck windows. It was such a beautiful day to go for a drive in Kyrat. The sun was shining and the trees were the perfect shade of auburn red.

"I know, we're getting closer to Pagan." Ajay says, adjusting his grip on the steering wheel. He was a little tense to say the least. Which, we had just been shot out by the Royal Guard, so I can't blame him too much.

"This could be over soon, Ajay. You deserve to be free of duties." I say honestly, I don't think Amita and Sabal have truly shown him enough gratitude for helping them. He's what got them where they are today.

"This country will need more work than just defeating Pagan, it needs a lot of shit. Medical advances, transportation, better roads that aren't made of dirt, and better housing and food." He wasn't wrong, there was a lot of things to do. Even after Pagan's reign of terror.

"Do you ever miss America? You know, the life you left to come here?" I ask him, curious as to if he ever did miss it. Where he was raised, the place where he went to school and graduated and had friends at.

"I do, but this where I belong. This is my home. Kyrat is where I was born and it's where I will die." He seemed so certain in his words, he truly meant what he had said. It made sense. We hadn't really talked about our future together, but I hadn't been involved.

"I want you to stay with me, after this is all over. Don't go back to America, D. We can raise a family here and grow old together. That's what I want for us." My eyes started to get watery and I felt my heart flutter a bit. No, a lot. My heart was beating a million miles a minute. It was the sweetest thing I had ever heard him say, or that anyone had told me for that matter.

"I will, Ajay." I tell him, he let's go of one hand on the steering wheel to hold my hand. His hands were so warm, they were radiating heat.

I could get used to this...

We weren't too far into northern Kyrat before Amita had called us for the second time today. She wanted us at Utkarsh to reunite the south with the north. Ajay and I agreed to meet the northern Kyrati citizens gladly. Here we go again...