Thankful

"Thank God you're okay." I hugged Ajay, I felt him struggle to hug back. He was coughing and looked very dizzy. I help him stand up, and regain his stance. 

"I'm okay, D. Don't worry so much." Ajay says, standing back up. He started to walk towards the truck and I stopped him before he could get in.

"No way in hell am I letting you drive." I tell him, shutting the car door in front of him. He turns around to face me, clearly annoyed at me. Not that I was offended, but I was offended. 

"Delilah, I'm fine. You're being dramatic." He tells me as he rolls his eyes at me and gets in the passengers side of the vehicle. He hops in and gets his seat buckle on. 

"Excuse me? Says the one who was almost eaten by an elephant two minutes ago." I tell him, but he just retorts back to me, obviously getting very upset with my comebacks.

"It wasn't trying to eat me, it was just being friendly." He says, explaining the common k knowledge that elephants are relatively calm animals until provoked.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever floats your boat." I tell him, trying to get him to shut up so I could get him back to the homestead. He quickly fell asleep and leaned his head against my shoulder and was snoozing perfectly. It was the sweetest thing to have happened since my arrival in Kyrat. 

I hadn't ever been so thankful for one person in my entire life.