Loose Ends

"Listen, I don't know what you're thinking right now, but you are going to be okay. If anyone understands losing a father, it's me. Let me help you, D." Ajay says, and I only glance at the now empty skies after I shot Pagan down.

"I know Ajay, I was in there. I can't get it out of my head." I say, numb and emotionless. Kyrat and changed me, not in a good way. Sure, I was stronger. But was I still me? The question was left unanswered.

"Where? What are you talking about?"

"I was in that arena, watching you fight. I had no fucking idea that my father had died in that same place. Steps away from where Noore killed herself. That's fucking crazy, Ajay!" I say, letting a single tear slide down my cheek. Ajay wiped the tear from my face and brushed my stray hair out of my face.

"We're going be okay." I believed him. The following days were filled with celebration and preparing for the next step; rebuilding and uniting. Pagan's reign of terror was now over. After thirty dark years, Kyrat is seeing the light of day; the light of Kyra.

Amita was now in complete charge of the Golden Path, which was the new army of Kyrat. It was one strong army, but the people were left scarred and had been robbed of a peaceful life.

I was now nearly eight months along in my pregnancy, and Ajay had somehow managed to become more overprotective than he already was.

I was happy, being in Kyrat with Ajay by my side and a little Ghale along the way. As soon as we had learned it was a girl, Ajay wanted to name her Lakshwari. The combined names of the two women that made an impact on his life. Things had begun to fall into place, as all things should be.

The thing was, my new life as a Kyrati citizen was only just beginning.