Eyes of Danger

I jumped in the truck and pushed the gas petal down to the floor. I knew it wasn't that kind of rush, but what the hell. Why not?

I found my way to the homestead and made my way up the mountain. Why did everything have to be on damn mountain? I smiled when I saw the place. 

The house looked a bit run down, growing sometime of vine around the edges, but what made up for it was the spectacular view of Kyart through the mountainous clouds and endless horizon. There was also a gentle waterfall flowing through it all, making even more scenic. 

I looked at the door to the homestead and just knocked. I didn't what Ajay was doing, but I figured I'd be nice about respecting his privacy. Instead, I came across two young men, high off their asses saying some dumb shit about lamps and pianos.

"Hey! Who are you? And why the hell are you in Ajay's house?" I grab my pistol from my back pocket for safe measure. I didn't know them, they probably didn't know me, hopefully. I clearly had the upper hand, being sober.

"Listen, we uh...don't mean to be here. We were. just leaving actually." The short one says. I maintain my posture, not moving an inch.

"You're not going anywhere until you tell where Ajay is." I stand taller, making myself more superior in hopes of them spilling the beans.

"Feisty. I like it. You see-I'm Reggie, and this is Yogi." They both looked like they didn't belong in Kyrat. But, they have much needed information.

"Ajay was kind of kidnapped..." Reggie blurts out. Yogi shoves him for a second. What the fuck? How could he have gotten himself into this?

"He was forcefully taken to Shanath Arena." Yogi then buts in. I am left with more questions than answers. I thought I knew about Kyrat but I guess I barely know anything...

"What is that?" I ask, lowering my pistol slightly, just enough to still have some lineage against the two men.

"The place people don't usually walk out of." Reggie says, seeming to be the smartass of the two. What did he mean by that? Was Ajay okay? What if he needs my help? What if I'm too late?

"He means the place called Shanath Arena where people, like you and I, compete. against army fighters and vicious animals in a small arena." I slowly dropped the gun and looked at the two with a dead glare. Ajay was being mauled by giant tigers and I was just strolling through Kyrat oblivious to his situation.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me?" I yell, and internally beat myself up over not knowing. I should have went with him. Maybe I could have stopped it from even happening...

"Sadly, I'm not. Well, we must be going now...If that's okay with you?" I only give the two men an angry look and they both flee the house. I stay there for a second and look around. There has got to be a map somewhere around here.

"Bloody hell..." I hear Yogi from outside. I just roll my eyes.

I search the upstairs and find a map beside the bed, that hasn't been made in far too long. I grab the map and head back down the mountain and jump back into my truck.

Here goes everything...