Chapter 2, conversation

I ask "Yuri, have you ever thought about political issues?" She clearly thinks for a second, then says "I haven't thought of p-politics as an important issue, but now th-that I'm old enough to vote, I should think about it every now and then." I say "I was always enveloped in politics when I was y-younger." She looks at me with her intense expression then says "W-well, I never thought about politics, but I guess they're the reason why we are like the way we are!" I notice her enthusiasm grow with every word.

I say, "W-well, off the topic of politics... Do you listen to music much?" I'm eager to keep the conversation going, she says "Y-yes, I listen to lots of AC/DC, when I get tired, it helps me sleep..." She seems enthused, but I'm taken back; Yuri listens to my most favorite band! I say "R-really, I love AC/DC they're my favorite band!" Her eyes light up.

"Wh-what do you think is their best song?" I said "High voltage! I love it, just the pure sound of Bon's voice in the song is so good! And the mix of all the guitars and drums is perfect!" She appears to be enjoying this, Yuri informs "I think that when Bon Scott died, a part of their music died with him, he was leading them to fame, and I think if he didn't die so soon, he would have made the band immaculate."

I'm stunned, that's probably the first time Yuri has completed one of her focused rants. I simply stare, she doesn't look away; I see her move closer. I smirk, this moment is perfect. I say "Yuri, you're too perfect; I learn something about you every day; you're a puzzle ready to be unraveled." She says, "Alex, I cant wait for us to grow up... I've never asked you this, but; have you ever considered having a child?"

She asks this with a sort of serious tone; I say "Y-Yuri, I would love to have a child with you, I think that the idea of raising a child from their first moments to when their grown up; it sounds wonderful." She smiles, I ask "Do you think when we get our own house, we should have a child?" Yuri smiles dreamily, as if this wasn't real, she says "Y-yes." I kiss her cheek, she seems surprised by this, blushing heavily. Her arms wrap around me, we begin to cuddle, I feel really tranquil in this moment.

After ages of cuddling, I hear Josephine say "Yuri! Alex! Dinner will be out soon!" I feel Yuri move away a bit, we slowly but surely let go of each other. I get up and get ready to set the table; I then walk over to the kitchen, I feel Yuri's presence behind me. I walk over to the kitchen to find lots of food stacked; I walk over, and Greg asks "Uhh, Alex, can you just take these two plates."

Hes holding two plates that are carrying vegetables and salads. I take them, and walk back out; I hear him ask Yuri to take a plate too. I set the two plates on the little table, I then sit on the end of the second couch; I see Yuri walk over, so I grab the TV remote and turn it on. Once we're all set out, Greg asks "Would anyone like anything to drink?"

I answer with "No thanks." Yuri says "No thanks dad." Josephine says "Hmm... I'll have a coke." With that, Greg gets up and walks to the kitchen, I hear the clink of glass. Josephine says "You can grab your food now! Here's your plates." She grabs 2 plates and hands them out to us, I gladly take mine, and so does Yuri. I look at what I'm going to pick... A bit of everything!

I grab a bit of potato salad with the spoon in it. I then get some coleslaw, then a bit of bread at the side; I notice that there's a container of butter with a butter knife on top of the lid; so I do the obvious, open it spread some butter then put it back how it was. Greg comes back holding 2 glasses of coke; he sets one down next to Josephine, and one next to himself. I see that the last plate is holding some sausages and burgers, but Yuri is already grabbing a burger, so I wait until shes finished with it; and once she is finished, she passes the tongs to me.

I stash one sausage, and a half-burger, then I put the tongs back; and begin to chow down. The channel, is unsurprisingly, on the news; though I don't bother, we're all having a nice dinner; its not like listening to people talk about cancer research will be bad at dinner (Sarcasm implied). I thoroughly enjoy my meal and once I'm finished with it, I sit there; as full as can be.

Yuri had only got a small amount of food, and had went for seconds; I get up and ask "Is anyone else finished?" Greg said "Me and Josephine are finished." Yuri shakes her head, clearly with a mouth full of food. I walk over to them, and take the cutlery off their plates then put the plates on the bottom of mine, they both say thanks;  and I walk to the kitchen to clean off the plates.

I finish washing off the bits and pieces, and then I put the plates and cutlery in the dishwasher; I begin to walk out of the kitchen, I see that Yuri's finished, so I walk over and ask "May I take your plate?" She smiles and says "Thanks Alex!" I take her plate; seeing Yuri happy makes my heart jump with joy. I hurry back to the kitchen and wash off her plate and cutlery, then put it in the dishwasher, I notice that its full, so I open the cupboard next to the dishwasher, and grab the powder. I remember Yuri telling me in one of our conversations that the detergent was in the cupboard next to the dishwasher.

I open the cap and open the compartment for the powder, I pour it in, close the compartment, and close the dishwasher. I then put it on the 'clean' setting. I put the detergent back in the cupboard, then walk out of the kitchen, and sit next Yuri. She surprisingly puts her left arm around me. She pushes her hand into my neck lightly, signalling me to turn to her direction. I do so, her face fills my vision; we gaze into each others eyes. I suddenly realize that her parents are looking at us in awe; but I don't care, all I care about is Yuri; just Yuri.

We move in closer, and seal a kiss; we don't use our tongues, but we don't need to; her warmth travels to me. I feel Yuri move her hands behind my back, pulling us closer. I start to wrap my arms around her waist. After a few seconds of kissing, we begin to pull away from the kiss, but we don't lose the grip on each other. Yuri says "A-Alex, I-I love you s-so much." We go back to hugging, and look over at the TV. I use my peripherals to see Yuri's parents with their heads at their sides; I feel so stupid, they're whispering to each other...