Chapter 10, Reunion

I walk down the stairs hand-in-hand, I glance at my watch, its 11:07, so they might be gone. But I hear Greg talking to Josephine, so I brace for the worst. I feel Yuri's palms get a bit sweaty, but I don't sweat, seeing they're nice I don't think it'll be that bad. We descend the stairs, and I hear their conversation halt.

We walk to the kitchen, and just as we get there, Yuri releases her grip of my hand, I do the same. We enter the kitchen, and both say "Merry Christmas!" Yuri walks over to Greg and hugs him, I walk over to Jo, and give her a warm hug, Yuri then walks over to her, and I walk over to Greg; I shake his hand. Greg says "Good morning, and Merry Christmas!" Jo states "Well, almost afternoon... But yeah, good morning, and Merry Christmas!"

I remember that I got a present for Josephine and Greg too, so I ask "Can I just go grab something out of my bag?" Greg says "Yeah." I proclaim "I'll be back in a second." Yuri takes a glance at me then says "I'll see you in a bit." I feel my face heat up the pancakes on the plate  quicker then a frying pan.

I walk out of the kitchen, and rush up the stairs. I get to the room and speed to my bag, I open the front compartment; I find it, and quickly jump back out the door, I almost tumble, but I prevail. I get down the stairs within record time, and I catch my breath. I walk into the kitchen with my hands holding the box behind my back. It seems that they're talking about the necklace, Yuri's stating "... He bought me this for Christmas, its beautiful."

Greg says "It fits the clothes you're wearing well, speaking of that, I haven't seen you wear those pants since..." He trails off, but Yuri says "D-dad, please don't say it." He grins, then says "Since when you sang bohemian rhapsody." Her face lights up quicker then fire on fuel. I say "Y-Yuri, you have really good taste in music."

Her dad laughs like the stupidest joke has been told. He then says "Its been around 3 years, but she did well in singing it." Yuri moves closer to me and wraps herself around my chest. She looks up and says "Thanks." I grin happily.

Jo asks "Do you like Queen?" I nod, then look back to Yuri, the lust is back in her eyes. Her hair flows down my chest and stomach. We look at each others faces for a good minute, but I notice we had been doing this for a good minute.

Jo breaks the silence with "I thought you would've just bought Yuri a present." I instantly state "That would be so rude!" She giggles then says "I wonder what it is." I see Greg rip off a bit of the wrapping paper, revealing a bit of the box. He then takes the rest off, revealing a box of coffee bags. Jo states "Thanks, we were running low on coffee I guess!" Greg looks up and says "Better anything then nothing, ha ha!"

I shudder at the fact my gift is horrible; Yuri notices this, and puts her left arm around me, she then says "Remember what you said to me about my gift?" My mind is boggled by her words, I say "No." She caresses my arm, then says "About a gift not being about the gift." She jogs my memory, which actually makes me feel a bit better about myself. I gaze into her eyes, and a smile fills my face. I state "You really know how to make me happy Yuri." 

She leans in closer, filling my vision with her face. I use my peripherals, and see Yuri's parents putting the box in the corner. I move my face closer to Yuri's, but she does this at the same time as me, linking our lips. I close my eyes, and start to get a rhythm of kissing. I unlock the spell, and get a glimpse over to Yuri's parents; they're staring at us. I focus my eyes back on Yuri, and pull away my lips.

She giggles and looks to her parents, then looks back at me. She pulls me into her arms more; and I move in closer. She rests her head on my left shoulder, and leans into me; shes clearly relaxed. I hold her weight, and start to set her back on her own feet while hugging her tightly.

We sit like this for a bit, but Greg asks "Do ya's want lunch?" I look over and say "Yes please." Yuri also looks over to Greg and says "Yes thanks dad." It seems I've put her in a chirpy mood. I release my grip on Yuri, and so does she. I walk over to the pancakes in the corner of the kitchen, and Yuri follows. Once we get there, I notice there's only three, I grab two plates, and pass one plate to Yuri. She only takes one pancake, so I grab one and stick it on her plate.

She looks away and says "Alex, w-we could half it if you want." I shake my head and grab the last one. They're not cold, in fact, they're a little bit hotter then lukewarm. I look down at my plate, and see a half of a pancake on top of mine. I look up to Yuri, she has her waterfall of hair covering her face, but through the cracks of it, I see a dark crimson. I put my hand on her shoulder, and say "You're too kind Yuri."

She pushes her hair out of her face, revealing her cute mouthful of pancake. She grins whilst looking to the side; how is she doing this so accidentally cute? I look back down to my plate, and pick up the half-pancake, I take a bite; its simply delectable. I gnaw on the delicious pancake, and once I finish it, I say "These are really good!" Yuri looks up, with another mouthful; I cant help but look at her cuteness. Greg states "Well, don't thank me, she put her heart and soul into them." He points to Jo.

I say "Thanks Jo!" Yuri gulps her mouthful down then says "Thanks mum!" Jo looks at the floor then says "That's nice to hear! And you're welcome!" I start to go back to the pancake, and I chow on it. I look up at Yuri again to be met with her eyes, it feels like the first time I laid my eyes on the beautiful girl. I think this as I'm tranced into her gems; I continue to eat the bit I'm chewing, but I feel like my cheeks are heating up the pancake in my mouth.

I gulp the last bit down, and whisper "Who're you looking at?" She grins whilst closing her eyes, she swallows the last bit of the pancake, then says "Someone..." I break the moment, and ask "May I take your plate?" She holds it out, so I take it lightly and say "Thanks!" I take it over to the sink and wash it off; it seems Greg and Jo are having a conversation on the lounge. I open the dishwasher, and see there's only two plates.

Yuri's parents must have taken out the dishes this morning. I put both plates in, and close it. I look back over to Yuri, who seems to be using her sleeve as a napkin. I realize her cuts can still be seen, but I shrug it off; I've taken in account her past, but I'm really happy shes halted it. I was lucky to catch her twice. I brush off the thought, and look back up at her face, but I'm instantly met with her blush.

I think for a moment, then realize it looked like I was staring at her lower half, I explain "I'm s-sorry Yuri, I was just checking your arm." She takes a step forward, and lifts up her sleeve, revealing the healing wounds; I wince, but seeing them look a lot better makes me smile. She puts her arm in my now open left hand, I run my right hand's index finger over the scars gently, I then say "Its good to see they're healing, its also nice to see you open up abou-" I drop the sentence, that word choice, fuck me... I pull my hand away from her arm and say "Sorry." She pulls her sleeve up and asks "Why are you sorry?" I look into her eyes, worry fills them.

I say "M-my word choice was poor, sorry." I frown, but she says "What word choice?" I chuckle at her words, but she pulls me into her endearing embrace, making me get rid of the sudden dread I'd felt. Her warmth is so intoxicating that I state "Yuri, how are you always so warm?" She says "I-I don't know, mum always used to say that too." I hold her tighter, in hopes to let her heat transfer to me.

In the end, we end up bear hugging each other; which I really enjoyed, but it seemed to wear Yuri out a bit. I ask "Hey Yuri, wanna lie down on the couch for a bit?" She lessens her grip, and so do I, she asks "W-well, would you like to try that sujeonggwa you bought me?" I then say "How about both?" She frowns for a second then puts her face back into a nice one, then says "I-I thought you meant that you wanted to try the two teas you bought me." I state, "Don't worry, lets make it!" With that, she wraps her left arm under my right arm-pit, and pulls it around to the other side; she then says "Lets go grab it."