Chapter 9: Beside her

*Andrew's POV*

I woke up because of the sunlight hitting my face. That's when the fact that it was already morning sunk into me.

I remembered everything that happened last night, Emma calling and crying. To be honest, seeing her cry like that makes me really sad too. Seeing her get hurt makes me wanna kill whoever did it to her.

Her head is laid on my lap, sleeping peacefully. She truly is magical, even though she's asleep she still manages to look beautiful and radiant.

I set aside the blonde locks that were covering her face and placed them between her head and ear. I noticed her moving a bit but I didn't mind. I continued looking at her pretty face.

I remembered her questions last night, everything that she thought of herself were false. Yes, she might have some flaws but she's a woman worth fighting for, worth loving and worth protecting and does not deserve getting hurt.

I was caressing her face when she started to wake up. Note that I didn't move a single bit so she won't get disturbed.

When she woke up, she immediately looked at me and then sat up.

"Oh my god. Im sorry for sleeping on you Andrew. I'm so ashamed." She told me with worry in her voice.

"No it's okay Emma, I came here to help. Are feeling okay now?"I asked her. I pity her so much. Her eyes are still red and swollen and so is her nose and cheeks.

"Thank you Andrew, really. But I don't know what I'm actually feeling right now. " She told me and with that she started crying again. I can tell that she is still in pain.

I couldn't do anything more right now but rub her back and comfort her.

She shook her head and just immediately stood up. A few seconds passed and she just collapsed and passed out.

"EMMA!! EMMA! EMMA WAKE UP!" I felt so scared. What's happening to her.

Without having any second thoughts I carried her bridal style and brought to her my car. I drove so fast that any minute I could make my car fly.

When we reached the nearest hospital, the staff there just immediately placed her in a stretcher and did some tests on her.

Im sitting in the hallway of the hospital with my hands in my head.Im just waiting for the doctor to tell me that Emma was alright.

A few minutes passed, the doctor finally came out and told me she was gonna be alright. She's just overly fatigue and stressed the doctor said. Also the doctor told me that it was ok to come in.

I went in her room and saw her laying in bed,looking at me.

"Hey how are you feeling?" I told her.She looked a bit weak though.

"Im feeling better. *she flashes a smile* Thank you Andrew. You are a great friend" Se told me. Friend? but do I wanna be just a friend? I dont know.

"No problem Emma. You're a great friend too." I told her.

Emma's phone rang and she checked the contact ID to know who it was.

"Shit. It's Marc" Emma told me and showed me the phone.

Calling: Marc Webb

I dont know what got into me but I took the phone from her and answered it. I guess I wasn't thinking straight.

Marc: Emma, hey wh--

Andrew: Marc this is Andrew. Emma is in the hospital so we can't go there today. Im here to look after her. As a friend.

Why does it feel weird to be JUST a friend.

Marc: Oh, okay.

      Emma is very lucky to have you as a friend Andrew. But you have to be here tomorrow. okay.

Andrew: Yeah sure Marc. Thanks.

After the call I gave the phone back to Emma and told her what we talked about.

I stayed in the hospital the whole night to look after her. We talked about a lot of things until we just finally fell asleep.

I hope this won't happen to Emma again.

*Emma's POV*

I woke up because I needed water to clench my thirst. I saw Andrew sleeping on the chair beside me.

I do feel lucky because I have a friend like Andrew. But do I really want him to be my friend only.

He is always there for me and he never leaves me. I even asked him not to tell my mom because I know she'll get really worried.

I touched his overly perfect hair and then he just woke up. I looked at him and he looked at me and we just smile at each other before going back to sleep.

A/N: HERE'S CHAP 9 GUYS!! I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT. SO I DONT HAVE CLASS TOMORROW SO ILL PROBABLY BE UPDATING AGAIN LATER.

PLS. VOTE / COMMENT!!

                  -K