Chapter 42: The battle for the Citadel

"My fellow Council members, I'm afraid I have bad news for you," Danny said during the closest meeting which was at the day after Valerie and Komand got to the Ghost Zone.

"And what would that be?" Gunray asked.

"We should expect ectoplasm shortages, so we better store a normal fuel for a while. I'd suggest attacking Malastare immediately."

"Don't try to avoid the question, Phantom," San Hill interrupted. "Why do you have problems with it?"

Danny leaned back in the seat. "You know how the locals are. They don't like that my company has stepped the feet on their land. Despite the fact that I have old allies among them, I've gotten a lot of enemies during my childhood years."

"How could you get serious enemies during childhood?" Dooku asked.

"Hey, I beated a ten meters tall dragon when I was fourteen. And a giant sentient plant which controlled the nature around. And a being which could control weather. The latter was executed, I recall. And all of them hate me with passion and now are taking revenge because back then I wasn't able to commit a single murder. They won't be spared this time, unless I think they will be useful."

"Do you need the Confederacy assistance?" The Count interested, sounding impressed.

"No. The situation there is too complicated. Besides, Terra is outside of anyone's reach and I'll keep everything this way."

Gunray growled. He hated that upstart.

"What I DO need are reinforcements so I could counterattack while the Republic is distracted by their defeats and minor victories on my frontline. We must pursue theirr retreat."

Meanwhile in another plane of reality the Imperial forces were preparing for the upcoming assault. Valerie had been busy with teaching the rookies how to fight the ghosts. There wasn't much, really, they had an experience before. The huntress decided to talk to her friend once she got a spare minute. If Komand wasn't busy, that is.

When Valerie entered the room, she saw Komand talking with someone. It was a male Sith dressed in black plastoid armor and a metal mask.

"My lady, just let us do what we came for," the Sith said in a bit metallic voice.

"Lord Horus, I understand your eagerness, but if you run off then your people will be utterly crushed."

"We will see about that."

"Do not underestimate our enemies. They are of the same race as the Emperor, and you saw what he is capable of."

"Yeah, you certainly did," Chorn mumbled, not implying the power on the battlefield.

"What did you just say?" Komand's eyes glowed infernally.

"Nothing, milady."

"If you are that willing to fight we will send you in the avangard. Now go."

The Sith bowed and turned to leave. As he was passing Valerie, Chorn slightly pushed her out of the way. The woman could see a smirk through the faceless mask he wore. Valerie then sat next to Komand, who was eyeing the place where Chorn once stood.

"So, who is this guy?" The huntress asked.

"Well, you heard his name. Horus is the main Sith Lord around. After Danny, of course. He sent Chorn and his buddies so they could help. There are also some Paladins, but they are under my leadership."

"Horus is a bit of an as..."

"Yes, he is. But he is loyal, of that we have no doubts." Komand leaned back in her seat. "There are seventy thousand ghosts by the most approximate counts. They will be here by the evening."