CHAPTER 23

NOAH'S POV
Once all of us were done with our 'dinner', all of us decided to check out the island once again to see if we can find any way to escape this island and get back to the mansion. As we were walking, I felt how healthy my body had become as compared to before. "Guys my body feels way more better and stronger than it normally should. Do you guys feel it too?" I asked them, interrupting our search. "I was waiting for someone to say it because I have been feeling it as well since we fed" Tyler said. "It's because they were healers" Mason said and all of us stopped to look at him. "what?" Zayn asked confused. "The girls. They were not werewolves, they were healers" He said explaining. "but how come none of them realise that? even the lycans thought they were werewolves" I asked him. "well you see, the concept of healers is a little different from rest of the supernatural. In the case of other supernatural creatures we can easily identify them as werewolves, vampire or anything else but with healers" Mason took a pause, catching his breath. "A great deal of confusion is created in the case of healers. They are often misinterpreted as werewolves because they have blue eyes, like beta werewolves, fangs, claws and they omit a werewolf scent as well" he said explaining. "so how do we differentiate between a werewolf and a healer?" I asked. I had this sudden curiosity to know more about these 'healers'. "well no one can differentiate between a healer and a werewolf by physical appearance. The only way we can tell the difference is when a healer uses his/her power" he said. "The healers have the ability to heal any creature, whether human, animal or supernatural. They can heal any kind of wound and even add a few years to a dying person's life" Mason continued. "oh" Scott said taking in all the information. "guys I think we should keep moving, we don't have much time" Tyler said snapping me out of my thoughts. Now that my thoughts were interrupted, I noticed that all of us had stopped walking and were standing still, listening and absorbing every word Mason was saying. We didn't have much time as the sun was almost below the horizon. "He's right, come on guys" I said and with that we started searching the island once again.

AFTER A FEW HOURS...
All of us have been searching this freaking island for god knows how long and we didn't find a single way to escape. While we were searching, we stumbled across a few underground tunnels but all of them were filled with sand and rocks. We tried looking for another way out but we didn't find any. Finally after searching every inch of this island all of us came back to the spot where we had woken up this morning. The moon was shining brightly in the dark sky, illuminating the area enough for us to see around us clearly. All of us were immensely tired. "guys we cannot simply sit here. We have to find a way to get out of here and reach the castle before something tragic happens!" Tyler said in a loud voice, trying his best to remain calm and not shout. "Tyler, I know you are worried, all of us are worried too but worrying and frustration won't lead us anywhere. All of us are tired. We need to rest" Scott said placing his hand on Tyler's shoulder as a comforting gesture. "Tomorrow we'll search the island again. Don't worry brother we'll find something. Moon goddess is with us" Scott completed and Tyler nodded, taking deep breaths in. A small smile made it's way onto my lips. Scott surely knows how to stay calm and think practically. "He's right. We should rest for the night and tomorrow we'll search again" I said and all of them nodded. With that we started to make arrangements for the night. Scott and Tyler collected some woods and stones for fire. Zayn, Mason and I started collecting more woods and leaves so that we can make tents for each of us as the sand will start heating up once the sun is up. Once the tents were arranged and the fire was burning brightly, all of us bid our goodbyes and went in our tents. As I was lying on my back on the soft bed of leaves, my eyes felt heavy. This time I didn't fought back and allowed myself to go in the peaceful slumber. The moment my eyes were close, I saw Rose's smiling face in front of me. A smile made it's way onto my lips, without me even realising it. Soon, I felt myself being pulled in the darkness and within a few minutes I was in a deep slumber...