Hoseok x Momo : Trainees (Part 3)

"I'm doing okay Sana, don't worry about me too much."

Momo was currently sitting in the living room of an apartment she was renting out.

The rooms were primarily empty. She didn't have much stuff with her, as the belongings she brought with her to SIXTEEN were only meant to fit inside a closet. The apartment was temporary. In about 2 weeks, she was scheduled to move back to Japan.

Momo hung up the phone and laid on the couch. She sighed. Life had gotten boring since she was eliminated from SIXTEEN. She had spent a large portion of her life in South Korea with the purpose of becoming an idol. Now that that dream was crushed, she didn't have much point in being in Korea. There was only one thing keeping her from moving back right away. And that one thing was moments away from entering the front door.

The front door unlocked as a man dressed in streetwear, a face mask, and a bucket hat entered the apartment, carrying plastic bags from the groceries. While setting down the bags, he took off his face mask, revealing a smile the resonated energy from the sun itself.

That smile came from none other than Bangtan's J-Hope.

"Hey Momoring" he said.

She immediately got up and went over to hug him. Hoseok was the one thing that kept her in Korea. She hadn't seen him in forever, so she was spending as much time with him as she could.

Hoseok rented out this apartment for her. He gave her this place to stay since the apartment was hard to find, making it easier for those two to be there together.

The two sat at the simplistic dining table in the kitchen. Hoseok took out two boxes of takeout food, one for each, and passed hers over. She opened it to reveal her favorite food, jokbal. However, her eyes didn't shine with excitement anymore upon seeing it. She simply played with her food with a chopstick while Hoseok was digging in.

"Yahhh! Aren't you gonna eat? I went to another city just to find your favorite food..." he said sternly.

She looked up at him. Her eyes were still weary. She was still feeling the burn of her elimination.

Hoseok looked down at his food and continued to eat. After a few moments of silence between the two, Hoseok finally spoke up.

"C'mon. Let it out"

She looked up from her box of food to see him, not even looking at her.

"You've been letting your elimination take over your life, but you aren't letting it out"

He looked up at her.

"Momo, you know you can tell me anything. I'm here for you now. Not like before. I'll be here to listen."

He placed his hand across the table and held hers.

She smiled at his gesture. It was small actions like this that always made her happy around him. He was her sunshine in the darkest of days.

"I just feel like my purpose is gone... dancing is my life Hoseok, you know that better than anybody..." she replied.

She gripped his hand tighter.

"You were my inspiration to continue my dreams ever since high school. I can't help but feel like I failed you. I let you down. As if everything you told me, all the advice you gave me. All of it went to waste the day I got eliminated," she said.

Hoseok sighed. He took his other hand and held hers close. He looked into her eyes and gave her a serious look.

"Momo... how many times do I have to tell you.... there is nothing you can do that will make me feel bad about you. I will always be proud of the work you accomplished. Idol or not, that does not change the person I see in front of me. So don't you ever feel guilty for my sake."