Seokjin x Mina : Epiphany (Part 1)

"One caramel macchiato coming right up!"

Another day.

Another day at work.

Another cup of coffee.

Another one served from the thousands served everyday.

Myoui Mina stood behind the counter at her place of work. Seoul City Cafe. Easily one of the busiest spots in the city as it stood between a university and a financial office. At around noon, the cafe could have up to 40 people inside with a long line outside. But something like this was never a problem for the couple that ran the store.

"One caramel macchiato honey,"

Mina turned with a smile. Within 2 minutes, the customer's order was brought out by her lovely boyfriend, Kim Seokjin.

He winked as he let go of the cup which was now in her hand. After 2 years of dating, his wink still never failed to make her cheeks flare with scarlet.

She handed the last customer the order as rush hour finished an everyone returned to school or work, leaving the two some time on their own. Mina was surprised when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind as Jin rested his chin on one of her shoulders.

"Wanna close up for our break?" he asked.

She turned to face him as she planted a kiss on his nose.

"Just for a bit," she smiled at him.

He giddily got off of her as he ran to the back room to take off his apron. She couldn't help but giggle at his childlike antics, despite him being a few years older than her. But age didn't matter to her. She's still amazed by how lucky that shy little her was able to end up with someone like him...

FLASHBACK

TWO YEARS AGO

"C'mon Mina, I'm sure you'll love him!"

Mina was currently getting thoughtlessly dragged onto another blind date by her friends, Chaeyoung and Jihyo.

"Yah! Just because I said I was jealous of Dahyun and Jimin doesn't mean I have to have a boyfriend right now!" she struggled as Chaeyoung pulled her.

"And don't worry, he talks a lot so you won't have to do much before you start talking too," Jihyo said.

They neared the entrance of a restaurant where Mina would be going on her blind date as the three pulled her inside, arm in arm. They reached the receptionist at desk as Mina finally gathered her composure, realizing that here she was yet again on another forced blind date.

"Reservation for Mina please," Jihyo smiled at the desk lady.

"Certainly. Right this way!" she said as she ushered Mina to her seat.

Before Mina left to follow the waitress, Chaeyoung pulled her in close.

"Remember, the guy you're meeting, his name is BamBam..." she whispered.

Chaeyoung pushed her away as her and Jihyo waved at her to bid her good luck.

"BamBam... who the hell is BamBam..?" she thought to herself.

She sat down in her booth as she stared out the window. Nobody here yet. She sighed as she took a sip from her glass of water while waiting for her date to show up.

30 MINUTES LATER

Mina sat with her head down, almost falling asleep. She was in utter disbelief that she was stood up by her date. She had never felt so embarrassed since this moment. This was her last straw, as she knew she'd never take another blind date from her friends ever again after this. As she was about to get up...