6. Movie night

✧༺♥༻∞

✧༺♥༻∞

The next morning it was way less tense than usual being that Joey and I had kind of talked things out. I wasn't sure I one hundred percent I trusted him but for now everything was fine.

Feeling joe comfortable than usual, I got up and grabbed a shoebox I had of the left over money I'd stolen from the party days ago. Left over I had 150 so I could always use it on drugs for save it fits one thing important, but it was obvious what I was going to do with the money.

After I looked in the box, I walked out of my room and into the kitchen. To my surprise Joey was awake this time, and Bryce was asleep which worried me slightly. "Is Bryce asleep still or did he ask?" I questioned.

Putting a spoonful of cereal into him mouth, Joey answered "yeah, he said he wasn't feeling good last night he's probably sick or something." Joey shrugged.

I figured I'd be nice, and make bryce some soup if he really was. I went into the cabinet and found chicken soup but while doing so, I felt eyes burning on the back of my neck.

"What are you staring at?" I turned around to take Joey. He threw on a sour expression "I'm not staring, just trying to figure out where your pants are." He retorted. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize you'd be looking to hard." I muttered back.

"Kinda hard not to notice someone without pants in the cabinet right in front of me." He rolled his eyes. "Hmm well I guess that means your should close them if it's bothering you so bad" I said back starting the soup on the stove

"Oh no, I'm not at all bothered by it." He stood from the table to place his bowl into the sink. Feeling uncomfortable about what he'd just said, I went back into my room and put on pants. Walking back out, he passed me grinning "looks like I won that one."

I rolled my eyes "Your kinda a bully." He shrugged "sounds like a personal problem, Chase." As annoying as he was, I only laughed and went back into the kitchen. Once the soup was finished, I lured it into a bowl and brought it into Bryce's room.

"You okay?" I asked softly to the boy who may or may not have been sleeping. Slowly, he turned ofver and saw the bowl of the soup. "Thanks Chase, I'm cool. Thanks for the soup" he gave a small smile. "No big deal, tell me if you need me. I'll come help."

He nodded and I stepped out of his room, quietly closing the door. Across the hall from Bryce's  room, I noticed Joey putting on a new pair of shoes. I took it ass an opportunity to bother him. "Where you going?" I popped into the doorway startling him.

"I dunno, anything beats being here bored all day." He stood from his bed grabbing his car keys. "Can I come" I glanced over at him. "Only if you promise to watch a scary movie with me tonight."

"That's oddly specific, why me?" I squinted. "Moral support Incase it's scary. I was supposed to watch it with Bryce but he's busy being sick." He folded his arms over his chest. "Fine but I don't like scary movies" I said back. He shrugged and I continued "stay right here and let me go change really quickly."

Once I'd changed my clothes, Joey and I went into his car and set for the road. Inside of the car, we talked about small things like what his favorite sports were and things like that. We were having fun, until the car made a stop in front of the apple store.

"What're we doing here?" I looked over to Joey. He grinned and looked back at me "shh." I did as he said and stood behind him while he spoke with the workers which gave me a unsettling feeling. I did not want him to get me anything, especially anything expensive."

It was too late though, then I looked back at Joey he was handing me the box of a iPhone X max. "Joey no.." I started. "Your welcome." He ignored her statement getting back into the car. I followed right after him and he and We drove back home.

"I don't think you had to give me a phone" I looked up at him. "Yeah well I know your bored around here and what if me or Bryce need to call you? Plus I wanted to get you one instead of Bryce " He led on. "I haven't had a phone since I was fifteen. I think i can survive without one" I repeated.

"I hAveNt hAd a PhOne sInCe I wAs fIfTeeN, well your eighteen and you have a phone now. now shut up about it it's a phone" he mocked. I rolled my eyes "Your an asshole and a nice person all at the same time."

"Thanks, I try." He chuckles pulling into the driveway. He and I step out of the car and head inside. "How do you work this thing anyway?" I question trying to go to the home screen. "Oh you were being serious about the phone thing?" He raised his eyebrow.

"About if I haven't had one in awhile?" I looked back to him. He nodded and I responded "where I lived, I wasn't aloud to have a phone."

"Where did you live?"

"None of your business, Joseph."

His face scrunched as he went to the home screen for me "Bryce told you about that?" I nodded "Yeah, Joseph Mathew birlem." I repeated only making him more annoyed. "Oh you wait till I find out your full name." He smiled brightly.

At this point it was kind of late since we had spent most of our time buying me a new phone, and I made a deal with Joey that I'd watch a scary movie with him. "Let me go change and we can watch the movie" I muttered to him. He nodded and we each parted ways into our rooms.

I changed into a oversized hoodie and walked back into the living room thinking. I hated him a little while ago, and we've been getting along this whole day like almost nothing. I tried to elaborate deeper on that thought, but the weight of another person on the couch frightened me and I turned.

"How are you scared before the movie?" He teased. I rolled my eyes "just shut up and turn it on." I say back to him. Little my little the movie started and progressed getting scarier and scarier. And due to the fact I easily scared, by the end of the movie Joey had his arm around me. It was Shocking when I realized it, I had hardly noticed I was in his arms. Just like that I started to see him different. Maybe I could trust him.