8. Girlfriend ?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

It was a cold and gloomy afternoon in the house. I hadn't seen Bryce or Joey come out of their rooms. I was growing bored and I had no license or car so I had no where to go. My best bet was to get up and check on them.

Firstly, I went into Bryce's room and he was out cold. His room still smelled of a bitter hospital sickness but according to him he was going to go to the doctors tomorrow. Instead of bothering him like I had planned, I backed out of his room and closed his door.

I made my way down the hall to Joeys room and stood in front of his door prepared to knock. Instead, he opened it and he looked as if he were going out somewhere.

"Where you headed?" I asked stepping out of the way. "Were you just standing in front of my door ? Weirdo" he joked. "my question bud..?" I responded.

"Girlfriends house" he said simply. Just like that a thousand thoughts ran through my Mind. Last night in his room it was like he was flirting with me, and now all of a sudden he had a girlfriend?

"You've never mentioned a girlfriend.." I mummer. "Yeah well now you know." He headed up the hall, me following behind him. "How long you guys been together?"

"A year." He said firmly walking into the dining room to grab his keys. "What's her name?"

"Eve. What's with all the questions?"

"Dunno just curious."

"Well you don't ask me anything till I get to ask you." He said back walking out of the door. So that was it? All of a sudden a girlfriend magically appears in the picture? One night passed and he suddenly got cold, and way into his apparent girlfriend.

Not caring the Bryce was asleep, I walking back into his room and sat in his spinning chair. "Bryce" I say loudly. In an instant, he flew up and looked at me. "Wh-why are you in here?" He rubbed his eyes.

"Who's eve?"

"What?"

"Who the fuck is eve."

"Joeys girlfriend eve?" He said uneasily. "Yeah. Her." I say back. "Aggressive tone, eh? What about her?" He grinned. "I dunno Joey never mentioned her until today and he was acting like he didn't want to speak to me."

"Maybe he wasn't acting, he has these moods sometimes." He sat up and ran his fingers through his hair. "I don't care, the girl I'm asking about the fucking girl" I repeated.

"You must like him if she makes you angry and all you know is her name.." he smiled widely. "I don't. It's just that we've been getting close and the way he was acting, I feel like she's interfering."

"I doubt that. They hardly been talking the past two or three months he probably hasn't even mentioned your name to her." He chuckled. Suddenly I felt relived, maybe Joey was just in one of his moods then.

"Oh, then we're all good." I smiled softly. "anyway I'm leaving for a few, help yourself to the extra car if you need it." he stood up. I took that as and invitation to leave as well as an invitation to go get a fix for myself.

I waited for him to go do what I pleased. I found the keys in the dining room and and went to buy injections from the nearest seller I knew. Though I had little to worry about, joeys "girlfriend" made me upset. Just knowing she existed made me annoyed, but it didn't matter. My drugs would take my mind off of her in a second.