7. Just numbers

**✿❀*❀✿**

**✿❀*❀✿**

The sound of loud music awoke me from my sleep. I lay there for a few moments, staring at the ceiling highly agitated. Why was I up? I was having a good sleep.

When I finally accepted the fact that my sleeping was over, I went into the pair of old shoes and placed another pill into my mouth. When that was over I walked out into the direction of the loud music. Of course there was none other than Joey playing the music from the speakers in his bedroom.

"You woke me up." I stood in his doorway giving him a dirty look. "Oh? Then good morning" he grinned. I wanted to walk away in frustration, but instead I stayed and examined his face a lot closer that I had before.

Something about how he looked was different to me. He seemed cuter than before. "Why are you just standing here being a creep?" He raised a eyebrow. "I'm not, I had a question but I can't remember" I lied.

"Well get out and come back when you remember" he rolled his eyes. I laughed slightly and went into Bryce's room to check on him. This time he had thousands of bawled up tissues in his bed and he was scrolling through his phone.

"Don't you think it's time you go to the doctor?" I asked startling him. "I don't really wanna go to a doctor though" he groaned. "Fine and when you catch Ebola and die, don't say I didn't tell you so.." I giggled. He rolled his eyes "fine I'll go." "Good" I muttered back going into my room.

With nothing to do, I decided that I'd make a Instagram and Twitter. I could at least know what's going on with social media like everyone else in this house. Only after a few minutes of making it, I started to get tons of followers and dms.

"Aren't you bryce and joeys roommate ?" One read.

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to write back or not so I went into joeys room again. He rolled his eyes "You again." I rolled my eyes back and handed him my phone "why are there so many people following me?"

He looked as puzzled as I was "Jesus Christ when did you make this account?" He asked. "Like twenty minutes ago" I said. "It's because of the video Bryce and I did with you, people found you I guess." He handed me the phone back.

"Can we do something today" I asked. "Like..?" He muttered. "Anything. I just don't want to be here all day" I say looking around in his closet. "Well I'm going to my moms in a few if you wanna come, and why are you in my closet?"

"Looking for some hoodies to steal"

"Go ahead then, they look good on you"

Instantly after he said that I blushed bright pink and grabbed a hoodie. "You have really pretty eyes you know" he smiled. Dimly, I furrowed my eyebrows and grimaced "don't go soft on me birlem"

He chuckled "being soft and being nice are two different things." I shook my head and sat beside him on his bed. We sat there quietly a few moments, just looking at eachother. His stare shortly became a gaze and he was leaning closer to me by the second.

I could feel my heart beat out of my chest the closer he got but I didn't want to pull away before anything happened. When he finally met my level, he tucked a piece  of hair behind my ear. "You know..." he let on slowly.

"What?" I asked. Still close to my face but far from my lips the boy formed a smirk in the corner of his lips. "You're..." he let on again. "I'm what..?" I breathed out with the breath I didn't know I had been holding.

Whatever we had going between us at the moment he snapped out of it and pulled away instantly. "Nothing I don't remember.." he looked away standing from his bed. He turned around and stared at me once more before walking out.

On that note, I decided that I'd leave and go into my own room to leave him alone. But once again on my way out, Bryce had seen me. "You guys are spending lots of time together.." he grinned. "Just getting to know eachother, you know?" I said back.

"Hm wonder how every time you guys get to 'know eachother' it always happens to be on joeys bedroom" he said wiggling his eyebrows. "Okay gross. It's not like that." I assured Bryce. He shrugged and walked back into his room which smelt of sickness and snot.

I went into the living room instead of spending time in my bedroom since I was always there most of the day. On the couch, Joey sat doing sometime on his laptop. I sat on the couch across from him and began to teach myself how to use my new social media.

"And she follows me again" he joked. "Don't flatter yourself, I'm just here cause the WiFi works good here" I said back. A few quiet minutes passed at he spoke again "I've been meaning to ask you something" he said looking up at me from his computer.

"Ask away" I looked at him shutting my phone off. "I noticed, every time we talk about person stuff...you only make me talk about myself. You never say anything about you"

I knew it would come, a time of opening up which I only had to do on a surface level. "What do you wanna know?" I asked. "I don't know, tell me something."

"Im eighteen."

"I already know that."

"How old are you?"

"Seventeen"

"Hm, good thing we won't be doing anything. It'll be pretty much illegal." I folded my arms over my chest.

"Age is just numbers chase, not tell me something else"

"i have a younger brother somewhere I guess." I say shrugging. "You guess?" He repeated. "Look, how about we talk about this another time" I let of a lot more harsh than I meant. He simply nodded and cautiously went back to his laptop. I wasn't ready for questions, but I knew I couldn't hold him off any longer and the same went for Bryce. They'd want to know a lot more than I was willing to tell.