12

Sara's pov, the next morning

I woke up at 6, a more reasonable time having actually gotten some sleep. I walked into the main room, where MacCready was asleep on the couch. Not wanting to wake him yet, I grabbed a change of clothes and headed into the bathroom, deciding to take a quick shower because I hadn't had one in a few days.

I didn't care much about the cold, so my outfit was only combat boots, baggy jeans, a white tank top and a silver chain bracelet. I looked in the mirror and chuckled at myself, bringing my arms up and flexing my almost non-existent arm muscles. I laughed, thinking I looked like Mason, the Pack Alpha.

I wonder how they're doing over there. Maybe I should stop by sometime soon.

MacCready was still asleep, so I decided to take a walk around the fens before the rest of the world was awake. It was cold, as it usually was in the winter. It had never snowed a day in my life that I could remember, as much as I wished it would.

I tried coming up with a plan for the day. Well, if we leave within the next two hours, we can get there before sundown, then camp overnight. Then we can get everything done the next day, camp again, and get back the day after.

It sounded great in my head, but I knew it would be best to hear MacCready's thoughts on it.

I looked up at the sky, noticing dark clouds starting to roll in. I frowned; I didn't like the rain. I felt that it slowed me down, and on top of that, it made my clothes and hair stick to my skin. I decided to head back to Diamond City to avoid the weather and see if MacCready had woken up.

I got back to my house without getting rained on. I tiptoed to the living room, where MacCready was still asleep. I groaned to myself, then wondered if he ever got this bored waiting for me. I crept back to my bedroom, grabbing a pillow. I snuck back out to where MacCready was and brought the pillow over my head. I swung it at him, but his arm flew up and he caught it.

"What the-" I started before the pillow hit me in the face, causing me to lose my balance and fall over.

"Heard you coming from a mile away."

"Mornin' to you too, Sunshine," I joked, picking up the pillow and standing up. "Is it really this boring waiting for me to wake up?"

"Well, not really." He shrugged. "I can find something to do, usually."

"That's good." I smiled. "I, uh, I came up with a plan for getting the cure for your son, I just wanted to go over it with you first to see if you're game."

"Why do you want to go over it with me? You're the boss, after all-" He stopped himself, sighing. "Never mind. Continue."

I quickly explained the plan I came up with earlier, along with all the supplies I thought we'd need. MacCready thought it was a good plan, and mentioned some supplies I'd forgotten.

"You can borrow a few of my weapons," I said as I stood up. "You know, so you're not stuck with a sniper again."

"How humble of you," he grinned, cracking his knuckles before getting up.

I strapped a short hunting rifle and a thick knife to my belt. Throatslicer, I think they called it back in Nuka World. I grabbed two pistols and slung a .50 sniper over my back as well. MacCready settled on a simple 10mm pistol, a medium-sized combat knife, and his trusty sniper.

We grabbed all the ammo we needed and threw it into our bags along with enough food and water to last us around 5 days, just in case. After some hesitation, I put on a simple military jacket and shoved a blanket into my bag.