Chapter 43: About the Beastkin Village

It was morning, I got up and washed my face and changed my clothes, the wind blew inside the room because the window was open.

I got out my room and Levy suddenly jumped and hugged me.

"Papa! Good morning!~" She said while smiling, her smile was like watching the sunrise on a beach.

Then all of them came out, Alice, Leena, Rin, Hikari, Hikaru, Rem, and Megumi, I greeted all of them and go to the dining hall to have breakfast and go straight to Simon's mansion.

We rode our carriage and drove straight to the Noble District of the town.

The citizen greeted us, all of them have a smile on their faces after the battle with the Leviathan, the sea returned to normal and fishermen were able to get fishes again, the public market is crowded since this morning, and now even more people are gathering there, since the fishes came back they were crowding every stall of the market, such lively people.

We got to the Noble District, the Nobles greeted us some Noblewomen were looking at me with fire in their eyes, and the Noblemen were emitting blood lust on their stares, they're crying blood, I feel bad for them though.

Even Alice and Leena were looking at me with fire in their eyes but I pretended not to notice.

We arrived in front of Simon's Mansion, the guards hurriedly opened the gates, as usual, flowers and trees are there, good thing the damage didn't reach here.

The maids saw us and some of them came to us and greeted us, the other ones probably informed Simon that we arrived.

The maids are looking at us with sparkling eyes, including Mary who tasted my dishes.

We got down, a man who's working at the garden took care of the carriage, we entered the mansion and Simon greeted us with a smile and reached out his hands and shook my hands.

We sat down on a large sofa inside his mansion, and he sat opposite, his wife is besides him, his daughter, Blanche, as soon as she saw Hikari and Hikaru she dragged them away to play, Levy came along too since she's most likely be the same age as Blanche, probably though.

"The Town returned to normal now, what do you do from here?" Simon said while having a serious look.

"I plan on going to Drapo village, the Beastkin Village." I said

"Drapo huh? News of kidnapping beastkins and selling them as slaves in Gremit are circulating, but the nobles there covered the entire incident and said it was only a rumor." Simon said, as soon as Rin heard that, her eyes turned red and murderous aura began emitting, I patted her shoulder to soothe her, she calms down and apologized repeatedly.

"What do you know about that incident?" I said to Simon,

"Well, the noble who governs Gremit now is Viscount Fritz, previously he was only a servant of the current Duke, Duke Barin, but due to his wife dying and him getting blind, Fritz took over and he governs the city." He said in a straight face.

"Honestly, Duke Barin was a good friend to me, when I heard the circumstances I immediately sent help, but the Fritz quickly took over the city and the citizens there lived a harsh life, the nobles there lived like they're in heaven and the commoners are treated like slaves, due to noble factions there the nobles who resisted Fritz were reduced to slaves, and the ones who supported Fritz became richer." He said while having a sympathy on his face.

When I heard that I felt sad, Rin was clenching her fists, Alice was having a gloomy face, Leena is holding my arm, she's having a sad face too, Rem and Megumi was the same, the probably didn't know anything like that would happen.