Chapter 53: Undercover

"Alright, this is the plan, we will go in the city as normal travelers, we will find the slaves within the city and other things." I explained to them, yeah a traveler, that's my best idea it seems.

"Eric will stay here, we can't let the authorities within the city know he's alive or something."I added,

I took out some normal clothes, and gave it to the girls, they changed inside the carriage, I also changed into normal clothes and put on a black cloak.

I disguised the carriage into normal looking carriage, the Ramlance family symbol is still on the carriage.

Everyone seems ready, so we moved out, I closed the window behind the coach's seat, the girls that are with me are Alice, Leena, the rest are outside, we will go undercover this time.

We drove the carriage on the gate, the gate and walls are tall.

"Halt, do you have an Identification?" The guard said, I gave him a silver medal, like the one in Garyou town.

Since this was given by Eric for identification

"Okay, you go in." The guard said.

We drove inside and city looks like medieval Europe.

The buildings are taller than one in Garyou, but the citizens are not as good as in Garyou,

While driving the carriage, the window behind me opened and the two girls sat besides me.

"Just look, with that noble handling things here the commoners are in bad shape." Alice said, she's right though, the commoners are almost thin, it looks like they didn't eat for a week, there is an old woman on the sidewalk, she looks like begging for food.

"P-Please just a piece of bread will do..." She said timidly, she looks weak and her body is thin

"F-For my grandchildren, P-Please." She said.

I got down from the carriage and approached the old lady.

"P-Please just a piece of bread." She again said.

"Where are your grandchildren?" I asked

When she heard that she twitched and tears fell from her eyes, and she mumbles

"T-They took them away! They took them as slaves!" She shouts, but no one heard, I can feel her pain, even the girls came down from the carriage and gave their sympathy, good women I say.

I gave the old lady 2 pieces of bread and some meat, I gave her 2 silver bits, she bows and says gave her gratitude over and over again, then she stands up and walks to an old house near where she's begging.

We continued until we reached a Tavern here, we should gather information of course.

We found a Tavern called "Drunken Dragon", we got down the carriage after parking it besides the Tavern, I made the two girls wear a cloak with a hood, I can't let anyone see their beautiful faces It will attract some attention.

We entered the Tavern and we saw a lot of drunken men, we walked to the counter and sat on the stool.

"What will you have?" The bar master asked

"The best one you have, and uh, information." I said and handed 5 silver bits.

The bar master receives the money and goes to his alcohol shelf and gets a bottle.

"Here, best one in the house." He gave me a mug and pours an ale called Gremit Ale

I drank, so good.

"So, what information?" He asked as if whispering, the two girls besides me also listens.

"About this city, what's happening to the commoners?" I asked

He leans closely to me and speaks

"Ever since Duke Barin 'died' the viscount, Fritz took his position and put pressure on the commoners, Viscount Fritz hates commoners so he made the commoners lives here as if his playthings, he made Gremit a living hell, the commoners cannot leave Gremit without his permission as if he would give permission, those who will escape will be executed on the spot, the young girls here are his slaves, he would gather young girls and make them accompany him at night." He said, his eyes were showing fear and concern, that happened? This is outrageous.

I can feel Alice's anger will explode anytime soon so I held her hand to make her calm down, Leena on the other hand is showing a sad face, she's really showing her concern huh? What a good girl.

"Thanks for the information" I said, and was ready to leave but he added,

"Duke Barin is not dead, he's currently held on the dungeon, they faked his death so that Fritz can usurp the position." He said, and stopped talking, then the Tavern door opened

"Old man, the money?" A young man dressed in extravagant clothes walked in

"I-I just gave the money last week." The bar master said

"I need money! Do I need to make myself clear?!" The young man angrily shouted

"Boys destroy his establishment and take all his belongings." The young man said

"N-No! I'll give you the money! Just wait!" The bar master said

"Too late!" The young man shouted and all of his hooligan looking guys suddenly walked inside, then all the men who drinks inside the tavern rushes out.

We and the bar master are the ones that are left inside.

The men walks closely to us, then Alice snaps and punches the nearby guy, the guy who received the punch was blown away.

"W-Who?!" The young man asked and Alice's hood came off, revealing her beautiful features

"A beautiful lady! Haha! I'll enjoy myself tonight!" The young man said and ordered the other men to capture Alice, then vines started to entangle those guys, Leena finished her chanting and Nature Vines entangled those guys, she took her hood off and shown her beautiful elven face.

"An elf! A beautiful one! Capture those two!" The young man again shouted, the men charged

I was finishing my ale first, but those guys aren't even a match against this two now, their experience are on another level than these guys here.

Everyone was defeated by them, Alice using her fists and Leena using her Nature and Spirit magic, I rarely see her use her Magic though.

"T-That bitch's strength is like a monster!" One man shouted

"Nature and Spirit Magic! It's an elf mage!" One man again shouted

Now that I think of it, Alice's reputation as a princess isn't knows across the country, they heard about her being a princess, but didn't know what she looks like, that's why anyone hardly recognizes her as a princess.

After that all of them are defeated, the young man was left, he draws his sword and shouted

"Hmph! If you think you can take me on then be my guest!" He shouted and took his stance, this is getting annoying, I activated Coercion and Light speed simultaneously.

He was started that I was gone where I was sitting

"You looking for me?" I asked him, because of coercion his whole body began to tremble, cold shivers ran through his spine and sweat beads began to form on his forehead.

"Now, you will answer my questions now mister, okay?" I think he saw a demon behind me that he pissed his pants.

"W-Who are you?!" He asked

"Me? You are not worthy to know who I am." I grabbed his collar and dragged him behind the Tavern.