Chapter 12: Aftermath

After defeating the Demon Lord Jorzath, his corpse quickly dissolved and turned into black smoke, i don't know why? Do demons disappear like that?

We decided to look at the Adventurers who fainted during the Demon Lord releasing so much Bloodlust and Coercion into the air.

They haven't woken up at all, it would take more hours to wake them up though, so we decided to stay in this village until tomorrow.

The villagers who left came back from where had taken shelter, the ones who stayed that fainted to are the village men, and the village elder escaped because the village men want the elder to hide too, when the villagers came back the village elder was with them.

He froze when he saw the village men and  the other adventurers who are supposed to subjugate the Demon Golem's are on the ground unconscious.

Their heart froze because if the village men and Adventurers lost, then they would be all killed.

But... They saw the Golems on the ground too, some are split in half, and some are shattered.

[What? What's going on] He muttered in a low voice.

Then he saw a man and a knight, the knight is a female. He saw them surveying the surrounding while stretching their arms.

He then approached the man, [Umm excuse me? But what happened here? Is this your doing?]

The man quickly glanced at him [Ah yes, they were to many so i had to kill them, the other adventurers ran because of fear, so me and her had to take care of it.]

He then bowed down, [Thank you very much! We don't have anything in here besides shelter and food, but we can give to the village women if you like!]

Azazel was startled when he heard the last words, [Ah no i don't have any intention on taking any women in this village, just somewhere where i can spend the night, we're gonna spend our night here if there is no problem to you?]

The village elder quickly shook his head, [No, there is no trouble, we will immediately prepare your lodgings!]

Then he quickly ran and instructed the villagers to arrange the necessary things for Azazel and Alice.

Then the village kids who are too frightened earlier when they entered the village quickly gained some spirit and ran towards Azazel.

[Hey hey, did you defeat the monsters??]

[What is it like? Is it scary?]

[Did you really defeat them all?]

The children are all surrounding him, with a wryly smile he sat down,

[All right do you want to know the story?]

They quickly answered

[[[[Yes!]]]]

Then he shared the story of the battle.

Throughout the story the Village children's eyes are sparkling while listening, i guess because they're only children.

After then the village children begun running around and saying [I am the hero! Here to defeat you!], then the other children retorted, [I want to become the hero! Hey!] [No i want to!] [No you become the monster!] [Noooooo!]

With a wryly smile Azazel and Alice watched the Village children playing

[Must be hard for the villagers to live in this isolated village with no guards.] I said

[Yes, but i think they are doing well, its just because of the Demon Lord that they had to leave.] she said to me while watching the children.

[Hmm. Someday i want to build my own kingdom where children like them can live peacefully.]

Alice's eyes lit up, she turned to Azazel and said, [Really? You have that kind of ambition? I think its great, for a hero like you, you can become a great king!]

[That was only a joke though, but having my own kingdom isn't half bad, but you have to be my queen though.] I said that while grinning at her.

Her face became red and redder in a second. [W-w-what are you s-saying! M-me your q-q-queen! We only just met you know!] she said while getting flustered and looking at the ground.

[That was only a joke though, you've taken it seriously! hahaha!] i said while laughing

[Maaa! Azazel you meanie!] she looks at me with puffed cheeks, its cute.

We chatted while watching the village kids for 20 minutes and the village elder came to us.

[Mister, the lodgings for you is ready, and if you want to have dinner, we are currently cooking now.]

[Just call me Azazel, thanks for your hospitality, come Alice lets go.]

[Yes ok!]

We stood up and sat on the village dining table, the village dining table is outside because when they are having they're traditions they would eat outside.

Then the food was served to us, its mountain vegetable soup, some bread, and goat milk, they added roasted bird on the table. The dinner here is so simple, its quite nice.

Then after we ate we thanked the villagers and go to our lodging, the house is simple and similar to other houses, when we got inside we expected a two bed house, but....

[There is only one bed.] I said and Alice stared at the bed blankly and her face are beginning to become red

[You mean we're gonna s-sleep in the same b-bed!] she looks flustered.

[Don't worry i'll sleep on the floor no big deal right?] i said

When she heard what i said her face became sad, i wonder why?

[Y-you can lie n-next to me!] she said while averting her eyes from me.

[Its fine?]

[Y-yes its fine!]

[Okay then ill lie down.]

I took of my coat, boots, gloves and lied down.

Alice to lied down.

[G-goodnight!] she said

[A-ah yes Goodnight] i said, and when i realized i was close to her our skin are touching, i'm beginning to get flustered, whats with me? I'm so dense you know? I don't have any experience with girls on earth! Although i played many dating-sim games this is different! 

Then after i am thinking this i hear some snoring, when i looked at her she's fast asleep. So fast.

I was relieved because i don't know what to do in this kind of situation. Then i became sleepy too and fell asleep.

The night passed and morning came, the sunlight is hitting my face because of the window.

When i opened my eyes Alice wasn't at my side, when i looked outside the window she's currently standing there, her blonde hair is illuminated by the sunlight, she is currently dressed in her Knight's armor and her sword is at her waists.

The sun has risen up, in earth the current time now is 7:00 AM, so early

Then i stood up on my bed put on my equipment, and meet Alice, the Adventurers are steadily waking up one by one, after breakfast we departed after saying thanks to the village.

***********

Side Story

I woke up because of the sunlight, its so early. What i didn't realize is that beside me is him, Its Azazel, i forgot i was sleeping with him.

The sunlight was illuminating his face and black hair, its beautiful, wait what am i saying!

I put on my equipment while having my face red and got out of the room.

What is this feeling, why am i so happy? Because i slept next to him? And this is the first time i slept with someone! Maaa! My heart is confused!