Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Front Lawn

• •

Lee Minhyuk:

I placed my coffee on the coffee table and sat down with my new drawing tablet that my big brother, who lives in Japan right now, sent me as soon as I told him what I was thinking to do in life now that I, well, have turned over a new leaf.

I squinted my eyes on the screen of my phone. "What's the trend lately? What should I write? Let's see..." I scrolled to Google results and frowned. "Romance?" I muttered to myself.

I grabbed my coffee and took a sip, eyes still on the phone. "Well, I need more inspiration on that part, but I could write about a gangster who-" My monologue hit full stop when I spotted yesterday's Super Mom and Super Adorable Kiddo.

I set my phone down, took the pen, tapping it on the tablet screen as I watched across the lawn.

Strands of hair fell on her face as she carried Super Adorable Kiddo (whose name is Hwayoung, by the way) and then she passed her onto another girl who looked just a little younger than Super Mom. She kissed Super Adorable Kiddo and hugged Look Alike Girl before leaving.

My heart skipped a beat when our eyes met so briefly because she quickly looked away after bending her head down just a little.

And then I realized, holy shit, my heart skipped a beat?

I shook my head, a smirk playing on the corner of my lips. Jeez. I could hear Peniel's voice in my head, yelling at me to not even think about it.

Super Mom was looking beautiful today, tooㅡwith her pencil cut skirt above the knees and her dark maroon top tucked into it.

I sipped from my coffee and looked down at my tablet ㅡ and there, I've drawn my first main character.

On the same day, I designed my story-cover and called it Super Mom's Neighbor.

• •

Song Harin:

My car this morning, my one and only car, my lifeline, wouldn't startㅡso I was under pressure because it was half past six and I have to drop off Hwayoung to mom's house, and also have to be earlier at work today to prepare the conference room for the investors coming in today at eight.

I called Hani and thankfully, she picked up even if it almost took forever. "What is it so early in the morning?" She asked lazily.

"Can you come over here and pick up Hwayoung? My car wouldn't start and I really have to go to work earlier today."

"I told you to buy a new car!"

"Yeah, like I have money for that." I walked inside the house and took Hwayoung from the bed carefully. She's still asleep. I have prepared her bag for all her necessities.

"I mean, you could loan, eonni. You have a stable job. You'll be approved."

"The car just needs a little fixing."

"Yes, but all those little expenses you spend to fix that old car could be going to a new one now-"

"Look, Hani, can you just please get here first?"

She sighed. "On my way. I haven't even brushed my teethㅡor my hair. That's how much I love y'all."

I grinned. "Thank you."

I came out of the door with Hwayoung in my arms and the baby bag on my shoulder once I heard Hani's car engine. I passed my still sleeping daughter to her. "Don't forget that she needs to take her vitamins, okay?"