Epilogue

A/N: Before everything else, thank you so much for over 3,000 reads! ♡

Epilogue
It All Begins Here

LEE MINHYUK

"Happy 5th birthday, Hwayoungie!" Everyone in Eunkwang's small restaurant yelled in sync. We're celebrating her fifth birthday here as Eunkwang's gift. Everything's on the house except the cakeㅡwhich Harin had the bakery customized into a set of tea party.

"Make a wish, cupcake!" I said, earning that same grin from Harin everytime I'd call her daughter 'cupcake'.

Hwayoung closed her eyes and a few seconds later, she blew the candles.

"Ooh, I wonder what you wished for." Harin said, smiling before leaning in to kiss her on the cheek.

"Come on, guys, pictures first before food!" Peniel insisted to be today's photographer for free, too.

We lined up vertically. Harin, Hwayoung (in my arms) and I in the middle, Changsub was beside me making faces to Hwayoung so that she'd smile for the photos, and all my friends and our officemates were here too. Hwayoung's two best friends from school also came with their parents.

As the party went on, I watched from where I sat how it all unfolds.

Hyunsik and Hani are finally official. They had told everyone that they're, indeed, dating. Hyunsik seems really happy. They look the kind of happy that you feel when romance was in the middle of its bloom, when everything seemed to be heart warming and heart fluttering, or what Harin once called 'the honeymoon stage', where subtlety is over and feelings have been admitted and freely shown.

On the same table sat our officemates: Sungjae, Changgu, Sohyun and Yura.

Sungjae still has no idea up to now what went on that day when everyone was brought to the hospital, and he seems to have no plans of stopping when it comes to asking. He told me once that it's a mystery to unravel. We've become closer since.

But here's the thing, the guy is still friendzoning poor Sohyun. Well, not entirely. Sungjae is as ambiguous as he could be when it comes to her. Like she's all he talks about when he's drunk on team dinners, but denies it the next day in the office.

On the other table sat Peniel, Eunkwang and Ilhoon. The latter seemed to have taken a liking on Eunkwang. Ilhoon had become comfortable enough to bully him all the time. But the catch is, if Ilhoon bullies and annoys you, it means he likes you.

Ever since he survived and was given a second chance just like the rest of us, Ilhoon had turned over a new leaf. He's now going to college, majoring in accounting. I heard his sister was paying for his fees now. But as stubborn as Ilhoon is, he got a part-time job in a convenience store to 'provide for himself'.

And then there's Changsub who's holding Hwayoung in his arms. The guy is in love with children, and they love him. He joined the kids on their tea party corner that Eunkwang had set up for Hwayoung.

A smile curved on my lips. My heart felt so warm just by seeing Changsub being his normal self again. Sometimes, he'd still stare at nothingness as if thinking deeply. He finally told me the whole story about his experience during those five years, and it wasn't prettyㅡbut I hope that those ugly memories would completely be replaced by beautiful ones.

And so, I invited someone for Hwayoung's birthday. She'd been embarrassed that I called her to play and sing on a birthday, saying her skills aren't even that great. Park Chorong, the ever humble one, came into thw restaurant almost looking lost.

I smiled and waved her over. "Chorong-ssi!" I called loudly.

Not only Chorong turned, but Changsub too.