Chapter 18

Chapter 18
Alphas
______________

Lee Minhyuk:

The next day, I couldn't bring myself to tell Hyunsik of what I've found out. I fell asleep on his couch but when I woke up, I felt tired all over again.

He seemed to be arguing with someone on the phone, so I made my way to the kitchen and made myself some coffee.

And when the doorbell went off, I was the one who opened the door without checking first who it was.

And my heart stopped beating.
Song Harin was standing in front of me.

I blinked my eyes just in case I was just imagining it, but she was still there.

Hyunsik came running after me. "Hyung, I'm sorry! Hani told her where you are." He said apologetically.

Harin was only looking at me. "We need to talk."

To have some privacy, the both of us went into where I was staying: Hyunsik's guestroom. It was a mess, but Harin sat on the edge of the bed. She looked out the window, appreciating the view of skyscrapers.

"Is everything OK?" I asked her.

She sighed and showed me a pictureㅡof my tattoo. "Are you really out of the gang?" she asked.

I nodded. "I moved into our neighborhood, hoping to live a new life. My only intention was to find Changsub, but then I met you and Hwayoung."

Unexpectedly, Harin reached her hand out for me. Reluctantly, I took it. "Why are you-"

She took a deep breath. "I just want to keep my word. We'll find your brother. Together."

"Harin, you don't have to-"

"I want to. Okay? I don't know how dangerous this gang is, or what Changsub is up to, but I want you to see him again and I'll help you with everything that I can."

I sat in front of her, squeezing her soft hand. "But I want you to be safe. As much as I want to be with you, the right thing to do here is for us to... be apart."

Harin cupped my cheeks with her hands and looked down into my eyes. "You'll keep me safe. I trust you. We'll keep Hwayoung safe, right?"

"Harin..."

Song Harin kissed me slowly and softly on my lips, making me weak on the knees. I pulled her close by the waist and kissed her back the way I never thought I would again.

"I don't want you to face this alone." She told me softly. What did I do to deserve her?

I smiled for the first time in what felt like forever, running my hands on her back. "Then, let's do this together."

Harin smiled so beautifully that I felt warm all over. "Minhyuk,"

"Yes?"

"This isn't really the right time to say it because I have another bomb to bring to you later."

I chuckled. "Will you ever stop surprising me, Song Harin?"

She leaned down and kissed me again quickly. "I love you. It's crazy, considering everything that's happenedㅡbut I do. I just want you to know."

I was still for a few seconds, letting the fireworks go off in my stomach. I smiled so wide and I forgot about everything else. I got up and took Harin in my arms and I spun her round and round until she was laughing.