Chapter 21

Chapter 21
Battle Cry

[Warning: This chapter contains a lot of violence.]

SONG HARIN

Hwayoung.

She was all I could dream about when I drifted off to a disoriented sleep. Her smile, the size of her hand on mine, her laugh, her obsession with tea partiesㅡGod, I miss her.

Am I a horrible mother?

I put myself in danger. What if I die here today? Hwayoung would grow up without anyone to call dad or mom. Ohmygod.

I shrink into a fetal position, tears streaming down my cheeks.

I have to make it out alive. And I know Minhyuk is coming. I have to make it out alive with him.

I let out a sharp gasp when I felt a kick on my stomach, so hard I felt like my ribcages retracted. "YAH! WAKE UP!" Someone yelled. Not Changsub, not Ilhoon.

"Mihwan hyungnim." Ilhoon said and bowed with a stern expression.

Mihwan ignored him, just looking at me with those eyes that screamed evil. A small smirk formed his lips. "The woman The Great Lee Minhyuk is so crazy about." He sat down in front of me and grabbed my cheek. "You made a mistake of choosing the guy, woman. But..." His hand trailed down my neck down to my shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled.

Mihwan paused and then laughed. His laugh of mischief. "I touch what Lee Minhyuk touches. What's his eventually becomes mine." He brought his head on the crook of my neck and I swear, he was sniffing me. I squirmed and looked at Ilhoon for help. I can't believe I was asking him for help through my eyes.

He simply moved his hand to his ear piece and clicked something. I hope that meant something.

"So, you recycle his trash." I said. Thankfully, that made him stop.

"What did you say?"

"Are you so obsessed with him that you want what he'd already used?" I thought speaking about myself like some kind of object would hurt me, but I know that Minhyuk doesn't see me that way.

Mihwan's face was quickly filled with anger and rage. He raised his hand as if to hit me, and I braced myself for it. "You bitcㅡ"

But it never came.

The door opened, revealing Changsub with two other men. "Hyungnim, Han Hyunbin is asking for Song Harin." He said.

Mihwan clenched his jaw, not taking his eyes off me. "Consider yourself a lucky bitch."

Oh, I am, dickwad.

I noticed Ilhoon and Changsub exchanged glances before they untied my rope and two other men grabbed both of my hands. They covered my mouth again and we left the room.

My eyes widened when the other guy accidentally pressed on my bracelet. A small smile secretly formed my lips. Apparently, the odds are in my favor, Alphas.

• •

LEE MINHYUK

"What do I have to do?" Hyunsik asked, sitting next to Peniel in the backseat now.

"I can't believe you're bringing someone who didn't even train!" Eunkwang said.

We've explained everything to Hyunsik and he was so ready to dive into the danger when I asked him to come with me.