This is wrong

| Emma's POV |

"Gray" I whisper across the darkness. He's asleep on the floor in a pile of pillows and blankets because he refused for me to sleep on the sofa alone after what had happened.

"Mhm" he mumbles wincing probably from the pain of sleeping on the floor "are you ok?" He asks

"I just-" I pause thinking about how childish I sound and he nods for me to carry on "I had a nightmare" I finally blurt and he looks at me with a sad smile.

"Can I?" He asks nodding his head towards the bed and I nod back in agreement, he slides himself into the bed and turns to face me "Do you remember the day you saved my life?" He asks obviously trying to move the conversation on.

He's good at that, I've noticed. He has this ability where he can just talk and talk and suddenly all your blues kind of just fade away. It's a special talent to have and truthfully I could sit and listen to him speak for hours, especially if its about Ethan.

"Yeah you dropped your ice cream in the middle of the road just as a full Ass car started heading towards you" I giggle and he laughs too

"Yeah I can't believe I nearly died. I never even thanked you" he sighs and I scowl and shake my head

"You didn't need to you saved me multiple times from Ethan ever since that" I shrug.

It was true, when Ethan was probably at his worst Grayson would often notice me down the halls and take a detour or would simply occupy him in a conversation to try and get him to blank me. It saved my life on many occasions.

The name Ethan must've triggered something in his head because he lets out this great big sigh and flops onto his back

"I promise you Emma he isn't sleeping with Meredith anymore. She cheated on him a long time back and now she's just obsessed" he rests both his hands behind his head to make him more comfortable "you can be upset by what she said to you but please don't hold anything against E. That's what she wants"

To be honest him saying that was just clarification, I knew she was insane straight from the moment she walked in but there was just something that wanted me to distance myself. Maybe it's because she hit the nail on the head.

Ethan deserves better.

And after seeing how beautiful his ex was, despite her being crazy, I now feel completely worthless.

"I'm not mad with Ethan at all, Gray" I state and he turns to look at me confused. If I wasn't mad with him, why the fuck was I laid in his brothers bed? "I just don't think I can tell him that I don't feel like being here anymore"

Grayson's eyes widen and he scans my face for any signs of humour but I'm completely emotionless.

"Emma what the fuck" He gasps not knowing what the fuck to say or where to put his hands anymore. I guess he wants to lean them on my face but he's battling with his own thoughts. I won't think it's weird if he does place his hands on my face but he seems personally conflicted.

Everything Meredith had said took me straight back to the last year of high school and it was definitely the worst year of my life. All the thoughts of me being worthless and unwanted comes flooding back and I begin to sob uncontrollably.

"There's always gonna be light at the end of the tunnel, Em I promise" Gray smiles weakly finally placing his palm down on my cheek so that his thumb can pad away my tears.

"There's so much hate, Gray, from the fans not just from Meredith. I'm starting to think that it's all true... the world would be so much better without me" I sob allowing myself to press into his chest.

I try and imagine that he's Ethan so that I feel more comfortable but it doesn't work and no matter how sweet and warm he is, he'll never compare.

"The world would be fucking shit without you, Emma" he assures tightening his arms around my body "everyone would be broken, I would be and I know for a fact that Ethan would be too"

He sounds so genuine when he says it that for a moment I actually believe him.

He pulls me away and forces my tear drenched face to look him deep in the eyes.

"I'll prove to you forever that the world is better with you, even if it means never leaving your side again"

I reach up and touch one of his hands that's cupping my face as a thank you and he smiles at me genuinely.

"It's half 7 in the morning" he groans rubbing his eyes and turning back to look at me "want to help me make breakfast?" I nod my head eagerly and he sighs in relief

"You're a real good guy, Grayson" I grin before placing my lips upon his forehead and he blushes but only because he didn't expect me to kiss him.

He turns his back from me as he sits up and orders me to jump on which I gratefully accept. I lay my head between his shoulders and sigh, I really need a friend like Grayson right now I'm just lucky that he's willing to be here for me.