Its all too much

(A/N emo chapter, I'm sorry)

| Ethan's POV |

I left the house to buy breakfast for me, Emma and Grayson but just as I'm assessing which type of pancakes I want to buy, my phone begins to blare.

My brother.

"Gray?" I ask holding the phone between my cheek and my shoulder as I proceed to scan the pancakes

"Bro you need to get home" he panics and I drop the pancakes back onto the rack and hold my phone properly.

"Why? What's up?" I'm confused, I'd only just left about thirty minutes ago.

"It's Emma. She just had this massive breakdown and she's locked herself in the bathroom. Dude, what the fuck do I do?" He's frantic at this point but I'm already clicking my seatbelt on in the car.

"I'm on my way back, just tell her I'm coming home"

He ends the call and I put my foot down rather heavily, knowing I'm going over the speed limit but simply not caring. She matters most to me, a fine can be paid.

I pull into the driveway and sprint towards the front door, opening it aggressively and letting it smash shut behind me as I skid towards where my brother is still beating against the door.

I nudge him over and bring my forehead down onto the door

"Baby it's me, let me in" I call through the door and I can hear soft sniffles and my heart shatters in my chest "Cmon please" I beg before I turn to Grayson and tell him to leave.

"Just leave me" she whispers and I shake my head although I know she can't see it.

"It's just me now, Gray's gone. Please come out or at least let me in"

There's a few seconds of silence before the door lock slowly turns and she opens the door slightly to reveal one red rimmed eye. I place my large hand between the door and the frame to prevent her from shutting it.

"Can I come in?" I ask and she shakes her head, I scowl and assess her posture, both her arms are behind her back as if she's hiding something and my mind begins to race.

With little thought, I push the door forcefully open making her stumble back. I scan the bathroom for anything harmful but there's nothing so I return my eyes back to her as she lowers her head down and begins to sob again.

"What's begins your back?" I ask giving her a hard glare, my hearts beating and there's an overwhelming sick feeling rising up my throat "Emma" I say sternly but she doesn't give me eye contact.

The only thing that I could think about was her hurting herself and I close my eyes to try and regain any stability. If she's done anything, I swear to fuck I'll do the same.

"Emma for fuck sake what's behind your back" I say louder starting to panic, she's just crying towards the floor, allowing her tears to create a puddle at her feet "EMMA!" I shout and she jumps back and sobs even louder.

I feel guilty almost instantly and before I can reach out and touch her to apologise Grayson rushes into the bathroom. He pushes me backwards to take Emma into a tight hug.