23.

Sommer's Pov:

Niklaus lied down Camille on the couch.

"Woah, what happened Niklaus?"

"Camille got bitten by Lucien."

"But she's human, right?"

"No, vampire."

"Since when?"

"For a while now."

"This isn't good."

Niklaus quickly turned around.

"She's not going to die."

"And how do you know this? You seen what happened to Finn."

"We are going to figure this out."

Niklaus walked away to talked to Elijah.

I stood at Cami for a couple of seconds and then spoke up.

"Cami.."

She didn't answer.

"Cami."

It seemed like she was staring off into the distance and she couldn't hear anything.

"Cami, hey."

I called out her name one more time as I walked over to her. She finally looked at me. As I sat across from her I spoke up again.

"You alright?"

"Yeah....considering...."

"Alright, hold still."

Niklaus walked up to Camille and sat next to her.

"This is going to burn."

Niklaus put a white cloth over her arm. I could hear whatever was on that cloth stinging her arm.

"Ow, ow. What is that?"

"It's a healing salve. Motherwort, white willow bark. The recipe is over a thousand years old."

"So, the good stuff, huh?"

"It will ease the pain, dull the symptoms, but it won't stop the infection."

"So I'm screwed?"

"We're gonna do everything we can, Cami."

"To that end, a little assistance."

Elijah walked in the room with some guy.

"Cami, I'm so sorry."

"Yeah, you should be. This is your fault."

Niklaus quickly got up and walked towards the guy.

"It was you who turned Lucien into a beast-"

"Klaus stop. It's not his fault."

"Cami's right.

"We all need to work together to fix this."

"Don't any of you see this?"

We all looked at Stella.

"There is no fixing this! The same thing happened to Finn! And the same will happen to her! There is no helping her! It's pointless! Just like it's pointless to find a cure for Kol! There. Is. No. Cure."

I could feel the tears in my eyes. I vampire sped away and went to my room. I slammed the door closed. I quickly lied down on my bed. Someone opened the door and I saw it was Stella.

"Get out!"

"Sommer, just listen-"

I quickly sat up.

"No, you listen to me Stella! I have put up with your shit about Kol twice already. I'm done! I do not give a shit if you are pregnant! That still does not give you the right to say shit like that about Kol! What if it was switched around? You would do the exact same thing I would do! I am doing everything I can to bring Kol back whether you like it or not! I know you always had a grudge against Kol! Do not lie to me and say you don't cause I know for a fact that you do. I think it's best that you leave me alone."

Stella didn't say anything. She looked at me for a couple of seconds and then left the room, closing the door on her way out. I lied back down as I closed my eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and I could see it was dark outside from my window. I slowly got up and left the room. I walked around the house, hoping to talk to someone, anyone but Stella. I walked in a bedroom and noticed Camille lieing there on a bed, she looked desiccated and deceased. I immediately started tearing up. I walked over to her slowly, sitting next to her.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you Camille. You didn't deserve this. I wish you were still here so I could talk to you. I'm going through so much right now. All I need is a friend right now. I wish we could've talked some more...."