17.

Sommer's Pov:

"You collect trophies from all your victims?"

"Letters to their loved ones, to be specific."

"It was a phase."

"A phase in which we were forced to learn a different kind of stealth. You see, over time, Niklaus's enemies grew so numerous, we had no choice but to artfully withdraw from the world. And then Well, I wouldn't exactly describe our presence in this city as discreet, wouldn't you agree, Niklaus?"

"We all saw the white oak destroyed. Plus, this city was crawling with vampires, all of whom had no choice but to shield me from potential foes."

"Were I to die, they would die, too. I couldn't have been more safe. And now my sire link is undone, and those very foes will come for me like never before."

"It's only been a few days since the link was broken. Must you jump into crippling paranoia already?"

"It's a default setting."

"And with good reason."

"Well, Niklaus, if it offers you any solace whatsoever, we've ransacked Aya's belongings and obliterated every last splinter of the white oak."

"I would be mad to believe that."

"Perhaps you should see a therapist."

Elijah said as Niklaus left the room.

"Every last splinter? You sure?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Stella's Pov:

As I read the paper of how many people were left that I had to kill in the Strix I heard someone walking in and I quickly put the paper away in my pocket. It was Elijah.

"Thought you were in the bayou."

"I was. I was just grabbing a few things before I had to go again. I'm heading back out soon."

"Stop."

Elijah wiped something off my forehead. It was blood.

"What is this?"

"Nothing, probably just got caught on a thorn."

I quickly wiped it off my head as I started to walk away. I looked at myself in the mirror and then to Elijah.

"You've been spending a lot of time with the Crescents lately."

"Oh, they need me, ever since Jackson- do you need something, Elijah?"

"I came to check on Sommer. Can't seem to find her though. Kol isn't answering his phone. Niklaus is a little overwhelmed with everything."

"Well, maybe he's right in being paranoid. Seems like every time we pause to catch our breath, someone ends up dead."

I put on my coat as Elijah stared at me.

"Tell me what the matter is?"

"What do you mean?"

"Stella-"

"Elijah, it's not my place to tell, it's Sommer's."

"What happened to Sommer and Kol?"

"Elijah-"

"Stella, now."

I sighed.

"Kol and Sommer didn't really have a big fight. Sommer daggered him and hid him somewhere cause he still has that stupid curse. I didn't find out until a couple days ago that's why I been hanging out and helping the wolves. I got to go Elijah, sorry."

I quickly kissed him on the cheek and left. At least I told him some what of a truth, but on the other hand, Sommer is going to kill me for telling Elijah.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As I walked in a room, I saw Elijah, Freya, and Niklaus all talking.

"What's going on?"

"Where's Kol?"

"W-what?"

"You heard me. Where is Kol, Sommer?"

"Uh....h-he's neutralized. He still has the curse. That's why he asked me to dagger him and hide him and don't tell anyone but Freya."

"And you didn't think how we all would feel about this?"

"Nik, I wanted to tell all of you! But I couldn't! Kol had asked me not to tell anyone so I didn't! I promised him and I wanted to keep that promise but I couldn't hold it in anymore. Stella kept asking me if I was okay like every single day. And to tell you the truth, I am not okay! This is the first where I have been in love and it's  driving me crazy!"

Niklaus gave me a look like he understood.

"Freya, try to find a spell to cure Kol or try to find a cure for that matter. Or look in our Mother's Grimoire, anything."

"Okay."

"Bit right now we have a bigger problem."

"And what's that?"

"Gaspar Cortez."