First Day Of School

*That Monday*

Fluttershy's POV:

I set my backpack in the passenger seat and started my car.

"Ok, you can do this. I know you can. Its just one simple day of high school." I looked down at my hands. "One simple day where everyone could hate you...."

I backed out of the driveway before I decided to go back inside and hide in my closet. But I don't know if I can face her after what happened on Saturday. Oh well. I have to try.

I drove through town and stopped at Dairy Queen.

"How may I help you?" Even though I was at the drive up window, I could tell she wasn't a nice person.

"Hi, I need a mango pineapple smoothie please."

"What size?" I feel bad for an unkind heart like her's has to exist.

"Medium."

"That will be $3.47."

"Ok, thank you."

After paying the mean lady and getting my smoothie, I continued onto school.

I pulled around a few more corners and into the parking lot. I parked my car and took a deep breath.

"You can do this." I smiled in determination, grabbed my bag, and opened the door.

I looked at the big school in front of me.

I can do this.

I walked through the front door and looked around at all the other students.

I so cannot do this.

"Hey! Fluttershy! Over here!"

I looked around to see who was calling my name. Down the right hall, I saw Applejack waving her had and jogging towards me.

"Applejack?" I started walking towards her and stopped when she was nearly in front of me.

"Hey. Have ya gotten your schedule yet?" Where did she see me come from?

"No. I don't know where the office is. I got registered by calling in." 

"Oh. Well, do you want me to show you where the office is?"

"Yeah. That would be great."

She started walking to the left hall and took a right.

"This is Mrs. Celestia's office. She's real nice, so I'm gonna head off. Bye Fluttershy!"

I watched as she walked down a different hall.

"I got this." I exhaled and opened the door.

"Um, hello?"

I looked into the office and saw an older lady. She had really pretty, wavy hair. She had a small smile as she looked up from her paper work.

"Hi. How may I help you?"

I sat in the chair in front of her desk and put my bag down.

"My names Fluttershy. I called here a little less than a week ago and got registered. Could I have my schedule? Um, if you don't mind...." I looked down at my hands that were now fiddling.

"Of course. Fluttershy was your name, right?" She turned to her computer ready to type something out.

"Yes."

I watched as she typed something and clicked a few buttons before turning to her printer.

"Here you are. Let me know if you need anything else." She handed me a piece of paper with my name on it and some other information.

"Alright. Thank you."

I got up and walked out of the door. I looked at the two hall ways to my sides and looked at my paper.

"I have science first, so maybe they have a science hall way? Wait." I looked at my paper and saw there were door numbers.

"Alright. Room 12." I looked at the numbers on the wall and saw 37.

I'm so off. Which way do they get smaller? Wait, does that even make sense? 

"I'm so lost...." I said looking down.

"Excuse me? Are you ok miss?"

Who is that?

I looked up a saw a guy with blue hair, slicked back.

"Huh? Oh, I'm just a bit lost."

"Do you want me to help you?" He said with a small smile

"That would be great, if your don't mind."

"My names Flash Century. What about you? I don't think I have seen you around before."

"My names Fluttershy.... I'm new."

I looked down and hid behind my hair.

"Oh. Well, I'm sure you will be welcomed here. Everyone is really nice. What's your first class?" He tried to look at my schedule.

I looked down at my paper, then handed it to him.

"Oh, you have science? Cool. How about I just show you around the school? It would be a lot easier. If that's alright with you." He said looking up from the paper to see if I was ok with it.

"What ever works for you."

"Alright." 

****

After he showed me around the school, I went off to my first class. Science....

I walked in and looked around for someone I might know. I looked at Twilight, and debated if I should sit next to her or not. Twilight looked up from her paper and saw me. I froze and watched as she waved at me.

Guess were cool.... Thank goodness.

I walked past some desks and to the desk that was next to her.

"Hey Fluttershy. How else was your weekend?" I set my backpack on the ground and looked at her. She had red and teary eyes, a blotchy red nose, and looked exhausted. Was she crying all night? Did something happen between the two?

"It was okay. I just spent it at home unpacking and settling in." I heard the bell ring and watched at the teacher walked in.

She sat down at her desk and looked at her computer. 

"How was your guy's weekend?" She said looking at a few people.

They answered and she started to take attendance.

"Fluttershy? Is that you?" She said as she looked at me.

I nodded my head and watched as she sat up.

Oh no....

"Class! We have a new student! Her name is Fluttershy and I want you all to be nice to her." 

Everyone looked at me as I waved awkwardly. They soon went back to whatever they were doing.

"Your assignment is on the desk in the back, due by the end of class."

This class doesn't seem like it's going to be very hard....

"Do you want me to grab you one?" Twilight asked as she stood up.

"Yes please." I grabbed a pencil from my bag and waited for Twilight to come back.

Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought it was going to be.