Zoned Out

Rainbow Dash's Point Of View-

I drove down the road, my hands tightening on the wheel. I look into my rear view mirror and see Fluttershy standing in the rain, the look of sadness and confusion written all over her face. I look straight ahead, knowing I have to go home. It takes every bone my body not to turn around.

I take a left instead of a right. I head down the road that leads to town. Looking at the road in front of me, I start to feel pain in my left hand. I loosen my grip and look at my hand. The bandage is wet and filled with blood. I shake my head and put my hand back on the wheel. I tighten my grip until I can feel the pain again.

Why the fuck did I go there? I shouldn't have gone there. She's going to end up leaving me like everyone else has. I shouldn't have gotten so close to her. It's what happens. Maybe she's different? I mean, she is different from anyone else I've met. Out of everyone I've ever loved, she's the only one I have felt the magic with.

What the fuck? Did I just say love? No. I can't love her.... 

I look at the radio clock and nearly freak out.

"Oh my god.... It's six." I pulled over to the side of the rainy road and look at my phone.

-Soarin-

Hey, I'm so sorry. It's pouring outside, and I'm not even sure I can get out of my house. Can we make this another time?

I quickly replied,

~Me~

Yeah its raining a lot see ya later.

I threw my phone into the passenger seat, groaned, and threw by head back.

What am I doing? 

I just left her out in the rain. I went to her house, gave her hope, kissed her, then left. What kind of shitty person does that? I don't deserve her.... No one does.... She's to kind for this world.

Should I go back? Would she even want to see me after what I did? No, she's probably more pissed than she is confused by now. Is she still standing out in the rain? Would she get sick from being and in the rain? Did I leave because I'm scared of rejection?

No, your terrified of rejection. That's why you keep everyone as arms reach. You put on this whole 'I'm so cool and can do anything I want' act so people don't think your a coward. Are you just now realizing this?

Shut up brain. No one asked for your opinion.

I sat up, reaching for the steering wheel. I tightened my hand on the wheel until I felt like my hands would break. I let go and looked outside. From where I could see, the town looked like a huge puddle. There wasn't a single car out on the road. The sky was growing darker by the hour. I looked at the ditch beside me, now almost filled to the top with water. I needed to get home, I needed to get out of this terrible weather. But for some reason, all I could do was watch as the world around me crumbled.

I start to think of the night it happened.... The night my life changed forever....

I squeezed my eyes closed, trying not to think of that night....

****

"Go to your room honey. Daddies just tired. He'll get over it soon."  She gently pushed me to my room.

"But mommy! I don't want to leave you! I have to protect you. What if he tries-" I was cut off as she picked me up. She held me in her arms, brushing the hair away from my face.

"Oh baby, he won't touch me. I promise. I'm going to put you into bed now and after I get done with daddy, I'm going to read you a bed time story. Does that sound okay?" She walked into my room and slowly put me into my bed.