Chapter 29: Change of Heart

Change of Heart Songs:

Risk At All - The Vamps

The Only Reason - 5 Seconds of Summer

TIFFANY'S POV:

I know he likes Harry. He was more grumpy when I introduced Joe, they didn't even talked a lot. Maybe it's because Gramps sees himself at Harry when he was at his young age. Gramps almost finished the dish of eggplant parmagiano but I told him to leave some for Harry. Grandpa Carl loved the white truffle pasta cream I made. The dinner was appetizing not just because of the food, but because I was eating with the people who's got a big influence in my life. I learned more from Gramps more than Dad. He was like the living book of life sayings. When I was young he gave me a little notebook where he wrote all of his favourite life quotes. Every time my parents would go somewhere without Timothy or me. This is where they leave us for a while. To stay in this loft with Gramps, Grandpa Carl and Grandma when she was still alive. Grandpa Carl was always the jolly one. He used to live in California at Calabasas. But he never got married, he said it was useless to live in such a big house when you'd just feel lonely. I love how positive he is in life even though he didn't got a chance to have his happily ever after and a family from working too damn hard. It would be selfish of me to say that it's a good thing that he didn't get married; If he is, Gramps would be lonely. Dad have tried urging Gramps to live with us, but he was scared of changing the way he lives. And he hates Australia.

After finishing my kitchen duties. I came back to look at Harry and brought him a glass of water. He was knocked out, sleeping soundly at the black leather sofa. I sat on the floor beside Harry, leaning my head towards him. How can he be this handsomep even when he's asleep?

"Your Aunt Jenny called." Gramps surprisingly enters the room and sat on the sofa near Harry's feet, facing me.

"She was the one who gave the address to Harry. Jenny said he was desperate." I knew Gramps want to hear another story again.

"We had a small fight." I whisper.

"Big or small, it's still a fight. Tell me about it." Gramps says in a low voice.

"Well, we had brunch at Norma's. The server keeps on staring and smiling at me."

"He's checking you out."

"No, he was just being nice." I exclaims.

"Continue." Gramps motions his hand on his lips gesturing for me to lower my voice.

"Then Harry started to act strange. He lose it when the server winked at me." My voice came out as a whisper.

"I told you he was checking you out." He insist.

"His sister, Gemma were making fun of Harry and I joined her. He even told us

to shut up or he'll drop me on the streets." I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head.

"He's jealous. That's pretty normal when you love someone who's getting checked out by other guys. Especially if he's a server. That would piss me off." I love and hate the fact that Gramps was clearly on Harry's side on this. Hate, because he was supposed to be on my side. I am his Granddaughter. Love, because it was unexpected for him to understand Harry. I mean he clearly was interested in knowing him, but he's clearly in doubt that Harry is the one for me and the other way around.

"He over-reacted." I scowl.

"No. He did not." He clearly stated. Instead of rolling my eyes, I smirk at Gramps.

"Why?" Gramps conciously asks.

"You're just like him." I told Gramps and he smiled.

"Who does Lilian look like?" He changed the topic.