Chapter 19: Frail Heart

Frail Heart Songs:

Boom Clap - Charlie XCX (been listening to this all day!)

Just Keep Breathing - We The Kings

Feel So Close - Calvin Harris

TIFFANY'S POV:

"Harry, can we talk?" Dad said pointing at our garden at the back of the house.

"Umm. Dad don't you have work today?" I nervously asked, afraid of what he might say to Harry.

"Baby, I can work whenever I want, and if I don't want to go to work, I can." Dad smirked nodding his head slightly. I turned my head to the side where Harry is standing. Harry gave me a smile. It's his way of saying that it's fine to talk to my Dad.

"Sure." Harry looked at my Dad.

"Lo..."

"I'll be back." He cut me off as he planted a kiss on my cheeks and followed my Dad.

HARRY'S POV:

Tom walked and led me to their garden. This is the first time I saw it since I came here. It's big enough to handle big gatherings. Tiffany told me about how her Dad set up a classy party at their house, inviting his business partners and connections. Tiffany would usually stay at her room but would end up getting instructed by Tom to fix herself up and go down.

"Take a seat." Tom gestured to the white bench near the pool that they have. I glance and saw Tiffany looking at us. Honestly, I am nervous talking to his Dad. This is the first time I would talk to the father of the first girl I loved. But I smiled at her to make sure she doesn't worry.

"You know. As much as I want to keep Tiffany away from men, I can't." Tom turned his head to look at me while he grabs a bottle of beer on a Coleman on his side and handed me one.

"I owe you for getting my daughter back. She was lifeless before she met you." I grabbed the bottle of beer from his hand.

"But.." Tom looked down. As I gulp at my beer.

"You live in a different world. I just don't like it every time I would see gossips about you and her on the screen. Even on tabloids. It's a crazy world you got. Tiffany doesn't fit in your world. She'll end up getting hurt."

"No, she won't." My annoyance made my eyebrows frown.

"She may show you how strong she is, but she isn't. Tiffany is weak on the inside. Literally." He sighed.

"What are you talking about?"I asked. Tom stared into my eyes.

"Tiffany has a heart condition since she was a kid. A condition she inherited from Grace, Congenital Heart Disease."

"W..What?" My heart shattered from what I heard.

"Her heart isn't strong as you think it is."

"But s-she looks perfectly fine." I mumbled.

"Yeah. She's been perfectly fine. But the doctor last night said that the condition might get worst this time if she continues getting stressed out. That's why I'm working hard. To give her everything she needs for her heart. I understand if she kept this from you." I can't believe everything Tom is telling me. I seriously hope this is just some test from her Dad just like the others. But Tom looks serious. This isn't a joke.