Chapter 30: This Isn't What I Wanted

(Is this real? I'm on Chapter 30?! DOUBLE UPDATE!!)

This Isn't What I Wanted Song:

Another World - The Vamps

HARRY'S POV:

"Hey." A familiar voice behind my back whispers. Timothy. He sat beside me. His arms resting on his knees.

"Hey mate."

"They're in her room. You can come if you want."

"I'm sorry this happened. I..I shou--" A lump on my throat begins to form. My hand turns cold.

"We're not blaming you, Harry. I'm grateful that you found her. God knows what will happen if you don't." Timothy cut me off, slowly shaking his head. I know what he meant, cardiac arrest can lead to death if the person wasn't revived in five minutes.

"Can you do us a favor?" He turned his head looking at me.

"Anything mate." I slightly nod my head and look at him.

"Please convince my sister to have an operation."

Words were nowhere to be found as I hear it. My jaw drops open. Every choices we have are considered a risk. I tried my best to smile. We both entered the room where Tiffany was confined. She was still asleep with several wires attached to her. Only his Dad was left inside the room, sitting on the sofa beside the bed. Timothy excused himself as we entered the room, giving me privacy along with their father. I went to the other side of the bed and stayed standing.

"Harry." His father called my name like I was some teenage boy who did something terrible in school.

"Thank you.. For looking after my daughter."

I nod my head and half smile at him.

"But you have to know.. Tiffany gets hurt so easily but she won't let you see it."

"If you really love my daughter, you would first think of what's best for her. When she met you, she's like candle that's been lit. You're her light and fire. But when you keep the candle with it, it slowly melts and die." He added. I was confused on what he was trying to say. I stared into his dilated eyes, and understand what he meant.

"You're asking me to leave her.." I don't understand if what I said was a question or a statement. All I know is my heart shattered upon hearing those words from her Dad. I'm scared, scared because he's right. I make her happy, but I'm also the one who makes her heart weaker. Why can't our world just meet in the middle?

"I'm asking you to stay away from her." He whispered.

"It's the same thing." My hands clenching into a fist on my side.

"It's for her own good, Harry. If you can't fight for her in your own world, then do you think she deserves you?"

How can he say every thing straight up into my eyes without even blinking. For a while, I want to punch him for not having a heart while telling me all of this. But then I realize how hard is it for him to see his daughter like this. He's her father. Even I, don't want to see her like this. This is what they say, truth hurts. It really does hurt hearing the truth. The words that you don't want to hear are the most painful.

"I..I understand but," I stop, looking for the right things to say. Not for myself, but for Tiffany. Looking at her makes me want to be a better man. A different one. The one who lives in the same world as hers. But that can't be. It's too late to be in the same world. I have to accept the fact that my life is different from hers. And having her around me, would just put her in a complicated situation.